Known issues - updated July 19th see more

Automatic Renewal

SOLVED
Go to solution
4 Comments
11 Kudos
Level 2

Automatic Renewal

My free business plan subscription became a paid one automatically. I am a freelancer, not a business and simply cannot afford this money. I understand that I should have seen the t&c more carefully, and this is my mistake. But would Dropbox want unwilling customers and lack of goodwill? Is there any chance of getting a refund?

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution
Super User

Re: Automatic Renewal

juhi wrote:

My free business plan subscription became a paid one automatically.

Is there any chance of getting a refund?

Hello, @juhi...

I sympathize with your situation... unfortunately we cannot help you in the forum with a refund but I can steer you in the correct direction.

Did you submit a help request yet?  If not... please do so... instructions below.

Phone support is available to Dropbox Business  [DB] customers, your DB administrator can give the phone number and required PIN to you.  Basic and Plus accounts use the ticket system.

1. Submit a help request.
  2. Afterwards, you can track your ticket.

Replies usually take 1 to 3 business days with Plus and Pro users getting priority (longer for basic members).

PLEASE BE AWARE:

Do not submit more than one ticket for your particular problem.  Doing so will force your ticket to the end of the queue again which is counter-productive.

SUPPORT OPTIONS FOR INDIVIDUAL & TEAM PLANS:

If image doesn't load... refresh your browser, F5. Otherwise try again later

HELP REQUEST TOPICS:

If you cannot find an appropriate help request topic to choose from, then select:

4 Replies
Highlighted
Solution
Super User

juhi wrote:

My free business plan subscription became a paid one automatically.

Is there any chance of getting a refund?

Hello, @juhi...

I sympathize with your situation... unfortunately we cannot help you in the forum with a refund but I can steer you in the correct direction.

Did you submit a help request yet?  If not... please do so... instructions below.

Phone support is available to Dropbox Business  [DB] customers, your DB administrator can give the phone number and required PIN to you.  Basic and Plus accounts use the ticket system.

1. Submit a help request.
  2. Afterwards, you can track your ticket.

Replies usually take 1 to 3 business days with Plus and Pro users getting priority (longer for basic members).

PLEASE BE AWARE:

Do not submit more than one ticket for your particular problem.  Doing so will force your ticket to the end of the queue again which is counter-productive.

SUPPORT OPTIONS FOR INDIVIDUAL & TEAM PLANS:

HELP REQUEST TOPICS:

If you cannot find an appropriate help request topic to choose from, then select:

Super User II

Also, please remember that the T&C's you agreed to state no refunds unless legally required so goodwill or not they will rightly follow the agreement you both signed up to.

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Level 2

Super User

juhi wrote:

Hello, @juhi...

You're quite welcome.

Good luck.

I appreciate your kind compliments.

Still stuck? Contact Support directly, or ask a question on the community.
Still stuck?
Top Contributors
Rich 4926
Mark 3890
Jane 1114
Greg K. 828
Tom_M 886