Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

1 Comment
2 Likes
Highlighted
Level 2

Can I have separate personal and professional DB accounts with the same email ?

Hi,

I have a personnal DB account with a few hundreds Go of data, and a professionnal team that I work with is using a Professional account. I gave them my personnal address to join the account (same addresse than my personnal DB account). When I click on the invitation, it either offer me to merge (which I don't want) or to transfert my personnal account to another address email (create a new personnal account).

Is there a way to keep the 2 accounts separated, and linked to the same email address ? Or should I give another address to my team ? 

Thanks !

1 Reply
Super User II

Re: Can I have separate personal and professional DB accounts with the same email ?

Each Dropbox account requires a unique email address. You do not want to merge your account into the team unless you wish to transfer ownership of the account to the business. The best course of action is to either change the email address on your personal account so you can use that email to join the team (with the current invitation), or create a new email to use with the team (which will require a new invite).

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help you find an answer!
You won’t have to wait too long for a reply, but why not learn more about the Community while you’re here.

Not the right discussion for you? Find out what else our Community has to say about Managing your account.

Or, search our Help Center for even more.

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post