cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cancelling Auto Renewed Account

Cancelling Auto Renewed Account

Ganesh S.3
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Support Team/Users,

My dropbox pro has already auto renewed for 1 year. Is there a way i can cancel the subscription and get my refund back? Please advice. It is just one day since this happened.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

You can downgrade your account at any time to prevent it from auto-renewing again. There are no refunds. When you downgrade you'll still finish any time remaining on your current subscription before the Dropbox quota granted by the Pro upgrade expires. After downgrading, your account will no longer automatically renew and no further renewal charges will be applied from that account.

View solution in original post

23 Replies 23

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

You can downgrade your account at any time to prevent it from auto-renewing again. There are no refunds. When you downgrade you'll still finish any time remaining on your current subscription before the Dropbox quota granted by the Pro upgrade expires. After downgrading, your account will no longer automatically renew and no further renewal charges will be applied from that account.

Ganesh S.3
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

But its been just hours since the account was renewed automatically. Is there some other option to cancel.. The payment is just approved and not processed overall.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

No I'm afraid not. The T&C's do not allow for refunds I'm afraid. This is why you are emailed prior to renewal to warn you.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

JO2
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This is plain annoying. Its the kind of practice that makes you wish your service provdier will be disrupted out of business.

I just got the email saying I have been charged for another year. It is absolutely unacceptable that I have to accept this. ANy company that prides itself of good customer service would be willing to cancel an auto-renewed charge

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
You are emailed and warned it will happen a few weeks before it does and again about a week before JO. You are also told when joining it is a subscription and auto renewal.

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

tcthegreat
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
dropbox is a dishonest company. Just do a chargeback on your cc if they try to charge you early.
mega.nz has more free space and faster speeds. 🙂

bgmccarthy
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This is total BS.  You should have a grace period at renewal time!!!!  I will work hard to make sure no one uses your services.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Thats why you are emailed and warned renewal is going to happen numerous times starting over SIXTY days before it happens. If you dont cancel within that time frame how on earth is this the companies fault?

brianwinston416
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

My dropbox Plus account automatically renewed on the 20th of June. I cancelled last night on the 26th of June as I no longer wish to have drop box. I would like a refund for the 129.00 charged to my account.
[name removed by @JaneA for privacy reasons]

Need more support?