cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling Auto Renewed Account

Cancelling Auto Renewed Account

Ganesh S.3
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Support Team/Users,

My dropbox pro has already auto renewed for 1 year. Is there a way i can cancel the subscription and get my refund back? Please advice. It is just one day since this happened.

23 Replies 23

FLConsumer
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I downgraded my account in 2015 and to this day I am still being charged 9.99/mo!  Now I'm working with the fraud dept at my bank and will be going to the consumer protection agency here in FL.  I've had my debit card changed 3 times now and somehow they continue to bill me!  I have verified all my accounts are of the basic free account.

FLConsumer
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have all basic free accounts, have never gotten an email, yet dropbox still charges me $9.99/ month!  It's been going on for 4 years!  My bank is out of options now and we have to file fraud charges and consumer protection complaints on dropbox.com now!

Rob_Cash
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Have you opened a ticket with Support to investigate this? Is it possible that there is an account with a mistyped email address, etc? 

You can start the process at this page:
https://www.dropbox.com/support/email/billing_and_payments

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@FLConsumer wrote:

I've had my debit card changed 3 times now and somehow they continue to bill me!

For future reference, and this is for any subscription service, not just Dropbox, changing the card doesn't always cancel existing recurring charges. The card details are only used to authorize the subscription. After that, the authorization already exists between the company and your bank, so your bank just continues to allow the charge. The card number no longer matters at that point. To cancel a recurring charge, you need to actually cancel the service in question.

I've changed cards while I've had active subscriptions, and I didn't have to update the subscriptions until the expiration date of the original card came up.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior or have a question, feel free to Ask for help from the Community here.]

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Rob_Cash Dropbox Staff
    FLConsumer New member | Level 2
    Angie3 Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?