cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Known issues updated. Learn more

March contest: Post your Paper workflow to win a Dropbox t-shirt and tote bag!

yes

Highlighted

Change account to business

Hello,

Currently we have a Professional indivisual user account and need assistance to see what is the best options for the business. Greenhome mortgage has 4 loan officers , 1 processor 1 admin and 1 owner. We want to setup the dropbox so that each loan officer can only see their files and can share with the processor when ready.  Also, for the ownerto be ble to see all documents. Please let me know what is the best dropbox plan for the team and how we can get this setup. 

Thank you,

3 Replies

Re: Change account to business

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi there, I’m assuming you want to purchase a Business plan, and add the members to the Dropbox Business team?

Having individual Dropbox Professional plans is okay, however the data would belong to each user, so if you want your company to outright own the data, then being the team admin and owning all the shared folders would give you that right.

On a Dropbox Business team, you can use team folders to allow the whole team to view them, my article here would help with advice in ‘restricting’ access to certain folders.

If you upgrade and instead are on the new team structure, then you can prevent users from accessing folders directly using these steps.

Hope this info helps!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 2

Hello what is the cost of upgrading Please....dennis

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi Dennis, you can see our available plans for personal and business subscriptions on this page.

Hope this helps!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Change account to business
3 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post