cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Dropbox Connect NYC and SF Join Now!

Change of billing address not supported

SOLVED
480 Views
6 Comments
3 Kudos
Level 2

Change of billing address not supported

Hi 

I have a regular 9.99 per month Basic membership.

I've recently moved to the USA from Australia. I'm attempting to change my billing details from an old Australian Visa card to my new USA one. When attempting this an error message appears in red:

 

"This billing country change is not supported"

 

How do I resolve this?

 

Thanks 

 

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution
Super User III

Re: Change of billing address not supported

Nothing. If you end up being over quota when the subscription runs out, syncing will stop, but it will start again when you re-subscribe. Your files will be safe in your account. Nothing will happen to them.

6 Replies
Super User III

Re: Change of billing address not supported


Malstar wrote:

I've recently moved to the USA from Australia. I'm attempting to change my billing details from an old Australian Visa card to my new USA one.


There's no way to change the billing country on an active subscription. You need to let your subscription lapse and then sign up again with your new payment method. The following is a reply to a similar question from a Dropboxer:

 


Ashley scribbled:

Hi there! Unfortunately, it's not possible to change your billing country. If you'd like to change your billing country, you will need to allow your subscription to lapse, and then sign up for a new Pro subscription with your new billing information. I apologise for the inconvenience!


 


Level 2

Re: Change of billing address not supported

Thanks Rich

 

What happens to all my pictures and files after I let my subscription lapse?

Highlighted
Solution
Super User III

Re: Change of billing address not supported

Nothing. If you end up being over quota when the subscription runs out, syncing will stop, but it will start again when you re-subscribe. Your files will be safe in your account. Nothing will happen to them.

Level 2

Re: Change of billing address not supported

Thanks. This seems a solution but I feel unease knowing that I need to let my subscription first run out.
Level 2

Re: Change of billing address not supported

Rich wrote:

Malstar wrote:

I've recently moved to the USA from Australia. I'm attempting to change my billing details from an old Australian Visa card to my new USA one.

There's no way to change the billing country on an active subscription. You need to let your subscription lapse and then sign up again with your new payment method. The following is a reply to a similar question from a Dropboxer:

 

Ashley scribbled:

Hi there! Unfortunately, it's not possible to change your billing country. If you'd like to change your billing country, you will need to allow your subscription to lapse, and then sign up for a new Pro subscription with your new billing information. I apologise for the inconvenience!

What happens to files I do not have on my computer and are only stored on line. To let the account expire is a very uncomfortable solution. Do I loose those? How do my files get reenstated when I apply for a new pro subscription.

 

Super User III

Re: Change of billing address not supported


Nicholas A.6 wrote:
What happens to files I do not have on my computer and are only stored on line.

Nothing. Files will not be deleted when you let your subscription expire. You simply will not be able to sync (add or change content) until you re-subscribe with your new payment method.