cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create new folder

Create new folder

shilpa1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi I don't see Add a folder anymore. 

Also I can't add the photo of the screen grab.

There's no way to connect the source in the Add Photo link.  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Make sure you are at www.dropbox.com/home

And in the corner of the screen you get the following as an option:upload.png

If you dont see it can you post a screenshot of what you do see?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Zed
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @shilpa1,

Unfortunately I can't to view your attachment.

Could you please provide more context on what you are trying to do and on which device? Thanks!

Zed
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

markdonaldson
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
i can't create NEW FOLDER & SHARE FILES
WHY ???????

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
We need WAY more info here....

Where are you trying to do this?
How?
What you using?
What errors etc.?

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

vispania
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I may have the same problem. I can't see the little tool bar with the button to make a new folder. I'm on a MacBook Pro, tried Safari 10.1.2 and Firefox 54.0.1. Here is a link to a shot of my Safari screen.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2ropxl5x4ae6l8z/Screen%20Shot%202017-08-02%20at%203.57.57%20PM.png?dl=0

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
That page is (I think as you've not shown the URL) just a timeline of events on your account.

Click on 'Files' at the side and then you'll be able to do it.

ralphie17
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

how is a folder created from a bunch of files?  I am using Windows 7 on a Lenovo ThinkPad, stored files in my DropBox but for the life of me I cannot make a folder to include the 11 documents I need to email.

vispania
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Raphael,

If you are having the same problem I had, you need to click on "Files" in the left hand margin. The "Home" view does not have the "New Folder" option on the right, but if you click "Files" you will see it. Create a new empty folder and then drag your 11 items into it.

vispania
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

You are on the "Home" screen. Click "Files" on the left, and you will see the "New Folder" option on the right.

mrgaffney
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am not seeing the "new folder" option on the right

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Ed Dropbox Staff
    mrgaffney New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
    vispania New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?