Dropbox integration with other applications

SOLVED
4 Comments
3 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4

Dropbox integration with other applications

Hi!

I want to switch to another storage application since Dropbox doesn't accommodate my storage needs (it does not offer a plan below 1TB).

So I would like to migrate all my information to some other storage application.
My question is: Is there any way to move all my information stored in Dropbox in an easy way to some other storage application ?.

Thanks for your answers slightly smiling face

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
New Super User

Re: Dropbox integration with other applications

Hi,

I think the easiest way is to install another cloud storage providers application into your computer. Then copy/cut all files that you have in your local Dropbox folder and paste them to the folder of another application.

There are several dedicated online services that can help you to migrate from Dropbox to another cloud provider. Just Google: migrate from Dropbox to _____. But in addition to privacy concerns, most of the are not free or free with very limited features.

Hope it helps.
4 Replies
Solution
New Super User

Hi,

I think the easiest way is to install another cloud storage providers application into your computer. Then copy/cut all files that you have in your local Dropbox folder and paste them to the folder of another application.

There are several dedicated online services that can help you to migrate from Dropbox to another cloud provider. Just Google: migrate from Dropbox to _____. But in addition to privacy concerns, most of the are not free or free with very limited features.

Hope it helps.
Level 4

Thanks so much! You really help me slightly smiling face

Level 4

While I understand the desire for more space than Dropbox allows and the $12/month being a bit too steep for many people, there are loads of ways to gain free space by completing Dropbox referals, certain tasks, and connecting services.

You may want to look into these (https://www.dropbox.com/account/plan for your current amount and where you can see how to get more). 

Dropbox is a great innovative company to support that really cares for its users, both by its generous free plans as well as the high level of security (including 2 factor authentication and pin protection that few other services have), so I'd really thinking carefully before choosing to leave the service.

Best of luck to you and if this helpd I'd really appreciate a Kudo or Accepted as Solution. Thanks and have a great day.

Level 4

stevedropbox ha escrito:

While I understand the desire for more space than Dropbox allows and the $12/month being a bit too steep for many people, there are loads of ways to gain free space by completing Dropbox referals, certain tasks, and connecting services.

You may want to look into these (https://www.dropbox.com/account/plan for your current amount and where you can see how to get more). 

Dropbox is a great innovative company to support that really cares for its users, both by its generous free plans as well as the high level of security (including 2 factor authentication and pin protection that few other services have), so I'd really thinking carefully before choosing to leave the service.

Best of luck to you and if this helpd I'd really appreciate a Kudo or Accepted as Solution. Thanks and have a great day.

I have knowledge of ways to gain more space, but I don't want to have to do many things to gain space, I want to PAY for my space but I don't want an exaggerated space, I want the right space at the right price.

Anyway thank you for your recommendation, I have in mind. slightly smiling face