Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

3 Comments
0 Likes
Highlighted
Level 4

EU Hosting for private pro account?

As far as I can read. There is the option of storage on EU-servers for Business accounts. But how about for private users?

I have a private pro 2TB account, and now that the new policy has been decided in the EU, I would like for my data to be stored in agreement with this.

That being sored on a EU server and thus providing the protections decided by law.

But is it at all possible to chose this with a private account?

3 Replies
Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Re: EU Hosting for private pro account?

Hi again Troels, only Dropbox Business plans with 15 or more licenses have the option to have their data stored on an EU server. 

Therefore it wouldn’t be possible for personal accounts (Plus and Professional) to have this option.

Hope this helps to clarify matters.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 4

Hi Jay

Thank you for your response.

EU took the responsibility of datastoreage and security seriously, and I would hope you consider providing EU servers for private users in the future.

I know the restrictions by law is lower in other parts of the world.

I consider this a big issue for EU users like me.  If my data is not secured in accordance with EU law.

- it typically being the most private information you are keeping safe for me and my family, including pictures, budget notes, insurance documents and the like.

Are there any plans on providing this possibility in the future?

If not, can you then explain how my data is (or is not) secured, in accordance with EU law - when I am a customer form EU?

Kind regard

Troels

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

We’re not aware of any changes to offering this in the future, and to be honest, we wouldn’t know beforehand until it actually happens.

Regarding the existing security, there are several articles about this matter.

Hope this helps!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help you find an answer!
You won’t have to wait too long for a reply, but why not learn more about the Community while you’re here.

Not the right discussion for you? Find out what else our Community has to say about Managing your account.

Or, search our Help Center for even more.

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post