Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraudulent Billing

SOLVED
1 Comment
0 Kudos
Level 3

Fraudulent Billing

THIS IS THE MOST DIFFICULT, CONFUSING AND FRUSTRATING WEB SITE I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED!!  Here's an idea: drop box should hire someone to clean up the continual loops and create a web site that is user friendly so consumers won't be so pissed off!  I downgraded my subscription because db is too cheap and greedy to refund over $160 I paid over 16 months for storage they knew I wasn't using.  Now, I don't have anything to show for that money.  They recently charged me $9.99  3 times on my credit card after I downgraded.   I've had to type this message several times int he past month because there isn't a contact phone number to talk to a live person.  Emailing takes a while to receive a response and is inefficient in trying to explain the situation.  I am not requesting, I am demanding a refund of at least $29.97.  Usually, I am a patient and kind person. DB has put me over the edge!! I should be asking for more just for the inconvenience, time and effort to try to correspond with db.  The better business bureau will be hearing from me.

Is it too much to ask someone to call me?  [Phone number removed by moderator]

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Super User

Re: Fraudulent Billing

kristyahall wrote:

I downgraded my subscription because db is too cheap and greedy to refund over $160 I paid over 16 months for storage they knew I wasn't using.

Dropbox is a subscription service. According to the terms that you agreed to upon subscribing, Dropbox will auto-renew your subscription until you downgrade your account. Those same terms also state that Dropbox has a no refunds policy.

They recently charged me $9.99  3 times on my credit card after I downgraded.

It's possible that your downgrade didn't complete successfully. Did you get a confirmation? If not, check to make sure that your account isn't still showing as Pro. If it successfully downgraded, talk to your bank about the extra charges (if you're unable to contact Support through the official channels, see below).

I've had to type this message several times int he past month because there isn't a contact phone number to talk to a live person.  Emailing takes a while to receive a response and is inefficient in trying to explain the situation.

Phone support is only avilable to Dropbox for Business customers. All others (Basic/Pro) use the ticketing system. Note that it's usually not enough to send an email to initiate a ticket, especially for anything related to your account. You need to actually open one in the Support system.

Open your ticket here: https://bit.ly/cm-support
Track your ticket here: https://dropbox.zendesk.com

Replies take approximately 1 - 3 business days with Pro users getting priority (longer for Basic users).

1 Reply
Solution
Super User

Re: Fraudulent Billing

kristyahall wrote:

I downgraded my subscription because db is too cheap and greedy to refund over $160 I paid over 16 months for storage they knew I wasn't using.

Dropbox is a subscription service. According to the terms that you agreed to upon subscribing, Dropbox will auto-renew your subscription until you downgrade your account. Those same terms also state that Dropbox has a no refunds policy.

They recently charged me $9.99  3 times on my credit card after I downgraded.

It's possible that your downgrade didn't complete successfully. Did you get a confirmation? If not, check to make sure that your account isn't still showing as Pro. If it successfully downgraded, talk to your bank about the extra charges (if you're unable to contact Support through the official channels, see below).

I've had to type this message several times int he past month because there isn't a contact phone number to talk to a live person.  Emailing takes a while to receive a response and is inefficient in trying to explain the situation.

Phone support is only avilable to Dropbox for Business customers. All others (Basic/Pro) use the ticketing system. Note that it's usually not enough to send an email to initiate a ticket, especially for anything related to your account. You need to actually open one in the Support system.

Open your ticket here: https://bit.ly/cm-support
Track your ticket here: https://dropbox.zendesk.com

Replies take approximately 1 - 3 business days with Pro users getting priority (longer for Basic users).