cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Submit your story to win a $25 Amazon gift card and a Dropbox hoodie! Ends Nov. 16
Known issues updated Learn more
7 Comments
2 Likes
Level 2

Frustrated---HOW Do I find a "new post" that I JUST posted????

I just posted a brand new thread to describe my frustrating problem of being trapped in an infinite loop and now I cannot even find the post.

The user interface for this "help community" is absolutely HORRIBLE.

I can't find answers to my problem. And now I can't even find the post where I described my problems.

I am fast learning to dispise Dropbox after years of being a happy user of it.  

1 Accepted best answer

Accepted Solutions
Super User II

Re: Frustrated---HOW Do I find a "new post" that I JUST posted????

Its linked to your second Dropbox account - Dropbox forum accounts are linked to Dropbox accounts

You can close it via https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:close-account. Just note that if you log in using your other Dropbox account it'll recreate the account.

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

7 Replies
Super User II

Duplicate threads are removed RobySue as I posted in the thread (you should have had an email saying that).

So as you were already interacting on a thread thats the only one that is needed to be kept open or things start getting really confusing.

In terms of finding posts, click on the icon at the top right of the little 'you' and you can see them there).

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

anonymous
Not applicable

I agree that the UI is difficult. I am unable to find my own post - and when I got a reply I get access denied when I try to use the link that I got in the email. Am I not allowed to view my own posts? or did I not create myself with correct permissions?

Super User II

I've just checked Patw43 and you on this account have no previous posts. Nor do you have anything I can see in the spam filters.

Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Level 2

@Patw3 is my Dropbox userid and @PW43 is my forum id. It is the forum post that I can't find. (BTW, when I sign out from my account I can't sign on with a different account.)

Super User II

You are actually then posting on two different accounts.... your initial post was from PatW3 and this one is Pw43.

That will be what the issue is - you are trying to click on links in emails emails to view information for the other Dropbox account.

anonymous
Not applicable

What different accounts? Forum accounts? 

How can I deleted the unwanted one?

Super User II

Its linked to your second Dropbox account - Dropbox forum accounts are linked to Dropbox accounts

You can close it via https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:close-account. Just note that if you log in using your other Dropbox account it'll recreate the account.

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help you find an answer!
You won’t have to wait too long for a reply, but why not learn more about the Community while you’re here.

Not the right discussion for you? Find out what else our Community has to say about Managing your account.

Or, search our Help Center for even more.

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post