cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Known issues updated. Learn more

Help us improve our online support experience by taking our short survey!

yes

Highlighted

How do I cancel my trial?

Level 2

I would like to cancel my account....  Please advise

Tags (1)
23 Replies

Re: How do I cancel my trial?

Super User II
https://www.dropbox.com/help/532

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Dropboxer

Hey there! 

Thanks for posting on our forum page! 

If you're currently on a Dropbox Business Trial, please follow the steps below to cancel it: 

1. Sign in on the website, at www.dropbox.com
  2. In your Business account, go to your Admin Console (on the left sidebar)
  3. From there, go to the Account page
  4. Finally, click on Cancel Dropbox Business (at the bottom - right of the page) 

Hope this helps! 

Best, 
Karina

Karina
Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 2

Thanks Karina,

But this doesn't help me yet. what do you mean by admin console on the left of my account.

I still have a personal dropbox and started a free trial that I want to cancel.

thanks for your help,

Roeland

Super User II

Roeland wrote:

what do you mean by admin console on the left of my account.

Log in to the business account that you created for the trial. Once you're logged in you'll see a link to the Admin Console on the left side of the page.

2659789640457a07aac6b6763e2286ab.png

Level 2

Your instructions DO NOT WORK!!!  I have attempted for 2 days now to canx my free trial...I keep getting an error message but doesn't say how to correct it!  I REFUSE to pay after 30 days when no one on your site will assist me and nothing works!  Customer support here sucks!  I would highly recommend NO ONE accept the free trial...you can't canx it!!!!  I need someone who knows what they are doing to assist me!!!!

Level 2

Good luck on getting it canx!  I've been trying for over 2 days now and NOTHING works!  Plus I cannot get anyone in customer service to assist me in any way!  This is ridiculous!!!

Super User II
The instructions given DO work - I've just done it.

Follow https://www.dropbox.com/help/business/cancel-subscription or https://www.dropbox.com/help/billing/business-refunds.

If that is not working as has been said you need to contact support. You can do that via the Admin panel or by following https://www.dropbox.com/help/business/contact-support

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Level 4

Hi, 

Thanks for this, unfortunately having signed in and followed all instructions, I have found no link or button saying "Cancel Dropbox Business", nor indeed any "Account" page available from the Admin Console. I imagine the site has changed since this advice was given.

I have also followed advice on other threads, and found no way to cancel the trial on the Billing, Plan, Manage Subscriptions or Manage Licenses pages. 

I have sent an email to the support team stating that I wish to cancel my plan, but I hope that the fact that it's a weekend will not affect my right to cancel the plan within the 30 day period stated, as my trial is due to end on Monday, which may be the earliest that the support team are able to acknowledge my request. 

I would be very grateful for any advice with regards to this!

Many thanks. 

Super User II

Kali wrote:

I have found no link or button saying "Cancel Dropbox Business", nor indeed any "Account" page available from the Admin Console.

From the Billing > Plan page in your Admin console, scroll down to the bottom and click on the cancel your plan link.

5e77c7f97440ee32c7306fb706a119b9.png

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

How do I cancel my trial?
More about this post
23 Replies
14 Likes
Solved! : See answer
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post