cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I cancel subscription

How do I cancel subscription

Simpson3501
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

the instructions on how to delete my upgrade subscription isn't very clear or in fact misleading. Once I download my photos to a thumb drive, I plan to kill the app. unless reaches out to me soon.

32 Replies 32

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

dseifert wrote:

I think the confusion is CANCEL PLAN doesn't = cancel account and most of us wanting to do this are not wanting to downgrade but completely cancel account.

What you want to do is delete your account, after canceling your subscription. Canceling your subscription/plan only prevents it from being renewed on the next billing cycle, downgrading you to a Basic account. To completely get rid of your account you want to first cancel the subscription, and then delete the account.

cyan1
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

cyan1 wrote:
I'd really like to cancel my account as well. It's interesting how they make all of this so difficult. This is the most difficulty I've ever had with trying to figure out how to cancel a plan and deactivate an account

Delete your Dropbox accountDelete your Dropbox account

pjeanfenton
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Please CANCEL my regular dropbox subscription. I have been requesting this for 2 WEEKS. PLEASE ASAP!!!

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

No one here can help you. You either need to contact Support, or you can cancel it yourself from the bottom of your Account page.

bradmcewan
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

DROPBOX users dropping like flies if they don't hurry up and do a quick fix to this problem.  Very simple to do a quick fix but they don't want to because of the amount of money they are siphoning. Little do they know that they are going to have to refund all these customers very soon and users will be switching to a new company.

bradmcewan
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Quit playing stupid and resolve the issue on the website before further action is taken.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

bradmcewan wrote:

Very simple to do a quick fix

There's nothing to fix. It's extremely simple to cancel your subscription if you have one. There are different ways to do it, depending on the account type or where you purchased it.

Plus or Professional:

Subscriptions purchased from mobile device:

Business:

Trial subscriptions:

Rochellehubbar2
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
That's not what I wanted this is not something I do everyday. Still trying to digest the things I'm just finding it hard for me ,so if anyone can understand stand

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
What exactly is the issue Rochellehubbar2?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    FUGough Explorer | Level 3
    Jane Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?