cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Known issues updated. Learn more

March contest: Post your Paper workflow to win a Dropbox t-shirt and tote bag!

yes

Highlighted

How do I "unmerge" accounts?

Level 2

My use of dropbox so far has been workrelated and I was invited to my workplace dropbox a few years back. However now it keeps saying that my dropbox is full even though I haven't personally saved anything in the dropbox. I don't want/need to be connected with that account anylonger and would like to use dropbox for my own documents. I have tried uninstalling the app, then I created a new account and reinstalled the app, but it keeps saying that my dropbox is full, and I can still access my workplace account. How can I untangle the two accounts and start afresh?

4 Replies

Re: How do I "unmerge" accounts?

Super User II

Did you simply join a shared folder owned by your company, or were you invited to join a Business team account?

If it was a shared folder, you can just leave the share. If it was a Business team account, then you'll need to contact the account admin and ask them to convert your team account back to a personal account.

st5 Level 2
Level 2

It was just a shared folder. I've left the share and my dropbox is no longer full. Thank you for helping out.

stinemaria slightly smiling face

(for some strange reason they wouldn't let med comment using stinemaria, so I had to create a new username to comment)

Level 2

I have same problem, but I was invited to join a business team account with one of my clients, now MY account is gone and I'm part of their business. I need to separate myself from them and get my own account back!  Please help!

Super User II

@rjmessinainc wrote:

I need to separate myself from them and get my own account back!

Technically, your account no longer exists. It now belongs to the business. You'll need to contact the team admin of the business account and ask them to convert your account back to an individual account.

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

How do I "unmerge" accounts?
4 Replies
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post