cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I cancel subscription

How do I cancel subscription

Simpson3501
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

the instructions on how to delete my upgrade subscription isn't very clear or in fact misleading. Once I download my photos to a thumb drive, I plan to kill the app. unless reaches out to me soon.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

It's actually quite simple to downgrade or cancel your account. Make sure you're following the steps listed in the following help article.

View solution in original post

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Did you upgrade to a paid account on a mobile device, i.e. through Apple's App store or Google Play? If so, you need to manage your subscription through the store you subscribed in. Otherwise, contact Support and they'll assist with canceling your account.

If you just want to downgrade, you could just try the Downgrade page as listed in this help article and in one of the replies listed above.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Find Answers section here. ]

View solution in original post

32 Replies 32

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

It's actually quite simple to downgrade or cancel your account. Make sure you're following the steps listed in the following help article.

doozerjack
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Below* are the instructions provided, however I cannot see a "settings" option under avatar. I can see a "personal settings" option, however there is no option visible for "plan" from where to cancel plan. I am concerned that I will be charged a subscription for a service I do not want, and will not use. Can you please ensure that no subscription charge is applied, and that my account is deleted.

*Downgrade your Plus account's subscription

1. Sign in to the dropbox.com
  2. Click your avatar.
  3. Click Settings.
  4. Click Plan.
  5. At the bottom of the page, choose Cancel plan.

kmelaan
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I can't downgrade my subscription either. I go to settings, then plan and there is no button that tells me i can end my subscription

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Are you a Business user?

If so you need to remove licences as per https://www.dropbox.com/help/business/add-licenses-or-space

Note that if you are a Business user only the admin can do that and only down to the minimum level of your subscription (i.e. 3 or 5 users)

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Richie44
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
There is no cancel plan button?

Edin
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have the same problem and its nearly impossible to insubscribe, the instructions just lead u to other ways of doing it, but not working

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
We need to know HOW it's not working. Are you able to locate the option to cancel your account? What happens when you use it? Are you getting an error message when you try?

And remember, if you upgraded to Plus on your mobile device, then you need to cancel on your mobile device as the subscription will be managed by the app store for your device and not Dropbox.

dseifert
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am trying to completely cancel my account and any subsequent payments. When I click Cancel Plan it still says I have an account. I want it completely cancelled.

dseifert
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I just received an email that my plan was cancelled and I will not be billed. I think the confusion is CANCEL PLAN doesn't = cancel account and most of us wanting to do this are not wanting to downgrade but completely cancel account.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    FUGough Explorer | Level 3
    Jane Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?