cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to change from business to personal account?

How to change from business to personal account?

Christoffer S.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi,
I accidentally chose to have a 'business' account but since I mostly use it for personal matters I would like to convert it to a personal account?

Do you know how to do that? I have both a business and personal account which I therefore need to convert my business to a personal account.

19 Replies 19

nickmitu
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

thank you

terbitbasuki
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Can i downgrade my business dropbox into personal plus?

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

terbitbasuki wrote:
Can i downgrade my business dropbox into personal plus?

Yes. You would first cancel your Business subscription which will leave you with a Basic account. You then upgrade your Basic account to Plus.

Shobitha
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I also wish to change from a Dropbox business account to a Personal (Dropbox plus) account. Its been about a day since the free trial expired for the business account, and I do not have a personal account set up as of now. Is it possible to downgrade to a personal account and get a refund for the balance? (as a personal account is cheaper than the business)

terbitbasuki
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Yes. You can downgraded your account by contacting dropbox support by email, they will help you. I've succeeded downgrade my business into personal and get my money refund

Shobitha
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Alright! Thanks for the response

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Please note, however that refunds are NOT a guarantee - you agreed to the T&C's which stated that when you joined.

Refunds are only offered where they legally have to be offered.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi all,

Would you mind taking a minute of your time to fill out a survey sharing your experience using our Dropbox Community? You can access the survey here: http://bit.ly/2lNKIxT

Thank you. We sure do appreciate it! 

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

Nzrpgdesign
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

please downgraded my account back to personal, thanks

Regards

Darren

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

No one here can do that for you. If you're part of a Business team, then only the Team Admin within your organization can initiate that. They have the ability to covert your account, or they can contact Support directly to have it converted.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Need more support?