cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

I can't access the email address connected to my Dropbox account & I've set-up 2fa.

Level 2

Dear all, 

Big problem here: how can I access my personal Dropbox Account again? I am logged out everywhere. Login was linked to an old disabled company email address and the recovery telephone number is disabled as well - since I moved countries. 

Everything is on there - family pictures, work-related important documents, literally everything. I am a paying customer - I have access to the credit card used for the account. Please HELP ! I cannot find a number anywhere, so I am a bit lost. 

Thanks a lot! 

Tags (1)
5 Replies

Re: no access to full account

Dropboxer
Hey @EmiBarna, I’m merely double-checking here, in order to send you the most relevant follow-up info: 

Based on your description, it looks like you’ve now lost access to your personal Dropbox account. Kindly note that if you remember your password, you can sign in to your account & quickly change the email address there. It looks like you had also set up two-step verification with this account though. Can you let me know whether this is happening? Have you previously reviewed our available resource on how to proceed on this matter perchance? 

Once I have these details, I’ll try to guide you on how to proceed moving forward. Thanks! 

(On a brief sidenote: Phone support is currently offered to our Advanced & Enterprise Business admins through their admin console, though you could review your support options here if you’ve subscribed on a different plan.)

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 2

Hi Jane, 

Thanks for reaching out. I don't have my password anymore unfortunately. my recovery telephone number (I think that is the two-step verification) I have no access to anymore. 

THanks for helping! 

Dropboxer
Thanks for circling back to me on our discussion here @EmiBarna; I’m afraid that I’l have to be the bearer of bad news for you this time. If you can’t access the email address you used for your Dropbox account, you don’t remember your password & you no longer have access to the phone you had set up two-factor authentication, we can’t verify ownership of the account and can’t help you regain access. 

If possible, I’d recommend that you contact your company’s IT to regain access to your email account and then you can request a password reset link for your Dropbox account. If you manage to get going with that & you still can’t access the phone number you had set with 2fa, you’ll have to use use one of your backup codes to bypass 2fa. For security reasons, it is not possible for us to manually transfer files from one account to another account. 

While our hands are tied on this matter, I hope my message helps clarify matters to a certain extent! 

Jane

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Level 2

Thanks Jane! 

I will go after my email address. I soooo hope this will work out. 

Thanks anyway! 

Kind regards, Emilie 

Dropboxer
That would be a great starting point @EmiBarna & I’m wishing you the best of luck. Feel free to consider this discussion a direct point of contact with me should you have further inquiries Emilie!

Jane

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I can't access the email address connected to my Dropbox account & I've set-up 2fa.
5 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post