cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Known issues updated. Learn more

March contest: Post your Paper workflow to win a Dropbox t-shirt and tote bag!

no

Highlighted

I have an unauthorized charge from Dropbox. What can I do?

Level 2

Dropbox has taken money from my credit card account without authorisation, how do I get it back?

5 Replies

Re: Unauthorised debit

Dropboxer

Hey there @Badgerman  - sorry to hear that. 

Can you please provide some additional information about what happened? Is it possible that your credit card was somehow compromised? Have you contacted your bank about this? 

If you'd like to see the email of the account that the charge relates to, you can use our self-serve lookup tool: https://www.dropbox.com/payments/find_receipt 

Should you need further assistance though, do let me know and I'll reach out to the email address you use for your forum's profile so we can have a further look into this with all of my tools available. 

In any case, please keep me posted!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 3

I never used dropbox, and never subscribe anything from dropbox.  But there are two unauthorized charges from dropbox on my credit card.  One from last week, one from this week, with $19.99 each.  What happened?  I have closed my credit card account and opened up a new one, but the trasactions of those two charges got carried over.

Dropboxer

Sorry to hear that @savan33, may I reach out to the email address associated with your Community's profile here so we can have a further look into this with all of my tools available? 

In the meantime, have you been able to identify the email addresses that are associated with those charges by using our self served look-up tool

Walter

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Level 3

Thanks for your response.  Yes you can reach me out to my email address.  I just used your self served look-up tool and found the two charges are from two different accounts which I never knew.  Please send message to my email address, I'll give you the information I found.

Thank you!

Dropboxer

Thanks for the swift response @savan33; I just reached out via email to have a further look into this.

Take a look at your inbox (ticket with ID:9013524 ) and we'll take it from there.

Cheers!

Walter

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I have an unauthorized charge from Dropbox. What can I do?
5 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post