Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

I'm having trouble resetting my password

Level 3

The password reset message gets sent to the spam file and also the "link" to reset is a text box which does absolutely nothing. I've tried it on two iPads and on an iMac, twice and same result, there is a message to reset, but the reset link "image" is not linked to anything.

5 Replies

Re: password reset

Super User II

It's working just fine for me, on an iPhone and an iPad. Sounds like your mail client may be blocking access to the link, especially since it's being sent to spam. This is a security feature that many mail clients have. All of this is a function of your mail client, and not Dropbox.

Try moving the message out of the Spam folder, adding no-reply@dropbox.com to your address book, or look up information on your mail client about unblocking the content of a message.

Level 3

this isn't working at all. I did as you suggested but still getting an unlinkable link. It's in the new gmail. It's driving me crazy. I can't change e-mail clients because it's my ageing mother's account and everyone forgot the password years ago. Is it not possible to share a dropbox folder without being registered in dropbox? I just want to permanently share a dropbox folder of photos of her grandkids that I will add to once in a while. 

Level 2
I don't understand because you sign me up for the account that that I can not get a pass word for

Re: I'm having trouble resetting my password

Level 2

HI Guys please assist me with Reset Password or email that i can use to get users Password reset

Re: I'm having trouble resetting my password

Super User II

@aphovasse wrote:

Is it not possible to share a dropbox folder without being registered in dropbox?

You need a Dropbox account to share a folder, and that account must have a verified email address.

HI Guys please assist me with Reset Password or email that i can use to get users Password reset

I'm afraid there's nothing more that we can do for you on the forums. If you're receiving the email, the password reset function is working properly. If you're unable to click the link, then your mail client or some other extension must be blocking it.

You can try contacting Support directly since they will have access to your account.

Open your ticket here: https://dropbox.com/support
Track your ticket here: https://dropbox.zendesk.com

Replies take approximately 1 - 3 business days with Plus, Professional and Business users getting priority (longer for Basic users).

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I'm having trouble resetting my password
5 Replies
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post