cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues - updated July 19th see more

I'm unable to change my Avatar picture in the Community.

SOLVED
Go to solution
2 Comments
6 Kudos
Level 2

I'm unable to change my Avatar picture in the Community.

This guy has his own Profile picture upload and we can't upload our own Profile picture here?thinking face

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution
Super User

Re: No more space from referrals

@Flow9 wrote:

This guy has his own Profile picture upload and we can't upload our own Profile picture here?

Hello, @Flow9...

Welcome to the community.

When you say, "this guy", are you referring to me (310EInerd face ?  If so, the difference to upload a profile picture within the forum may be due to the fact that I've been an active member since 2015 (whereas you're new).

If you don't see the option to Upload an Avatar while logged-in to DropboxForum.com then it's probably because you recently joined (view screenshot below).

NOTE:  It's a common practice in most forums that you must meet varying criteria in order to upload a custom avatar (or: add signatures, website or social media links).

DBx_UploadAvatar_001.JPG

To test my theory, I looked at my wife's forum profile.  She's been a member for 2+ years but has never posted a comment.  She can change her avatar to one of those provided but the "Upload an Avatar" link is not visible via DropboxForum.com (view screenshot below).

DBx_UploadAvatar_002b.jpg

TRY THIS METHOD INSTEAD:

I suggest that you login to Dropbox.com to upload your custom avatar (view screenshots below).

DBx_UploadAvatarViaDBxCom_001b.jpg

DBx_UploadAvatarViaDBxCom_002.JPG

Now, login to DropboxForum.com to see if your custom avatar carries over to the forum.  You may have to refresh your browser a few times (F5) or clear your browser's history for the change to appear (login using a different browser).

If it doesn't work, well... I tried nerd face

HELP CENTER ARTICLES:

2 Replies
Super User II

You can slightly smiling face

Click on "your" icon at the top right and My Profile

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted
Solution
Super User

@Flow9 wrote:

This guy has his own Profile picture upload and we can't upload our own Profile picture here?

Hello, @Flow9...

Welcome to the community.

When you say, "this guy", are you referring to me (310EInerd face ?  If so, the difference to upload a profile picture within the forum may be due to the fact that I've been an active member since 2015 (whereas you're new).

If you don't see the option to Upload an Avatar while logged-in to DropboxForum.com then it's probably because you recently joined (view screenshot below).

NOTE:  It's a common practice in most forums that you must meet varying criteria in order to upload a custom avatar (or: add signatures, website or social media links).

DBx_UploadAvatar_001.JPG

To test my theory, I looked at my wife's forum profile.  She's been a member for 2+ years but has never posted a comment.  She can change her avatar to one of those provided but the "Upload an Avatar" link is not visible via DropboxForum.com (view screenshot below).

DBx_UploadAvatar_002b.jpg

TRY THIS METHOD INSTEAD:

I suggest that you login to Dropbox.com to upload your custom avatar (view screenshots below).

DBx_UploadAvatarViaDBxCom_001b.jpg

DBx_UploadAvatarViaDBxCom_002.JPG

Now, login to DropboxForum.com to see if your custom avatar carries over to the forum.  You may have to refresh your browser a few times (F5) or clear your browser's history for the change to appear (login using a different browser).

If it doesn't work, well... I tried nerd face

HELP CENTER ARTICLES:

Still stuck? Contact Support directly, or ask a question on the community.
Still stuck?
Top Contributors
Rich 4926
Mark 3890
Jane 1114
Greg K. 828
Tom_M 886