cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

I set ONE folder to be available offline on one device, deleted that folder... and Dropbox starts ma

Level 2

I set ONE folder to be available offline on one Android device, assuming that it would let me then transfer to the SD card or local drive.

Since there is no such feature, I tried turning on the Available Offline feature for THAT ONE FOLDER, consisting of 7 files.

Seeing that it wouldn't allow me to save/download to the phone drive or SD card, I deleted that folder.

Now the next time I boot the phone, iand Dropbox starts madly downloading EVERY FILE AND FOLDER IN MY DROPBOX to be available offline on my phone! 

I can't even find a way to shut that off at an account, device, or folder level.   

The only way I could stop it (short of deleting and reinstalling the app) was to go into Available Offline and manually toggling the switch for EVERY **bleep** ELEMENT.

Please tell me I missed something and that it isn't this stupid.

Tags (1)
1 Reply

Re: I set ONE folder to be available offline on one device, deleted that folder... and Dropbox start

Dropboxer

Hey there @CrabBox - sorry to hear about this.

Could you share a screenshot of this so I can have a visual too (assuming that it's still happening)?

Also, note that you can export a file to your external SD card by following these steps:

• Tap the Quick Action button to the right of the filename
  • Scroll down and tap “Export”
  • Tap “Save to device”
  • Select your external SD card*

•  

If you do not see your external SD card listed, while you are in the “Save to” menu (after tapping “Save to device”), tap “Menu” then “Settings” and then select “Display advanced devices”. You will then see your external SD card show up as an export location. 

Lastly, could you please try to clear the cache on your app and then sign out and back into your Dropbox account?

On Android:
- Tap the menu icon in the upper-left corner of the screen
- Select "Settings"
- Select “Clear Cache”. 

Once this is done then please ensure you log out of the Dropbox application, then restart your device and log back in again.

Keep me posted on your progress and we'll take it from there. Thank you.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I set ONE folder to be available offline on one device, deleted that folder... and Dropbox starts ma
1 Reply
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post