cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

Is there a way I can merge my two accounts together?

Level 2

I'm out of space on one Drop Box account and can no longer access the data in it.

I also pay for a another 1TB personal Drop Box account linked to two other emails. 

Is there a way I can merge the two accounts (three email addressed in total) together?  

I feel like my data is being held hostage on one account, yet I am already paying for your services using another account.  

3 Replies

Re: Is there a way I can merge my two accounts together?

Level 4

Hello, I think you can share a folder into your emails to cooperate together like one.

But sadly your space will be the same. I suggest you move your files to another account if there is space enough of course. On this way you can edit your stuff.

Super User II

@jjwithers wrote:

Is there a way I can merge the two accounts (three email addressed in total) together?

Dropbox account cannot be merged. As @anthuansousa mentions, you can share a folder between the two accounts to move the data from your Basic (i.e. free) account to your paid account, but that will not increase the storage of the Basic account.

I feel like my data is being held hostage on one account, yet I am already paying for your services using another account.  

Then move the data from the Basic account to the paid account, and use that account everywhere. If you need more storage on the Basic account, you'll need to upgrade it as well.

Level 3

I am not allowed to move or share anything on my 'free' account.  The free account is frozen.  Everything was fine 3 months ago. In fact, and i have not used the account in 6 months or so.  Suddenly I get emails saying the account is full or beyond capacity.  I can delete folders, but the whole account is frozen otherwise.  I can't get anything out of it, it won't let me view what is inside the folders, and it won't let me share anything - because it is overfilled.  It's like they took my data amount away for no reason, with no warning, and I can't do anything about it. 

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Is there a way I can merge my two accounts together?
3 Replies
1 Like
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post