cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Is there a way to see a file count of how many files you have in a folder?

Is there a way to see a file count of how many files you have in a folder?

A007 P.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I don't see this anywhere, they're not numbered, there's no total anywhere, I have a bunch of files uploaded but no number anywhere to see how many I have in a folder..
is there any way to see how many files I have in a folder?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Using the Dropbox website, no. Using your computer, assuming you have the Dropbox client installed and all files are synced, you can list the properties of a folder (on Windows, right-click, select Properties) and it will list how many files are within it.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Using the Dropbox website, no. Using your computer, assuming you have the Dropbox client installed and all files are synced, you can list the properties of a folder (on Windows, right-click, select Properties) and it will list how many files are within it.

DaveC2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

on the web site, in the folder, press CTRL-A, this selects all files, and at the top left of the list it says how many you have selected.

A007 P.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

thank you very much!

Jaime S.7
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Funny this was there all the time, but in several threads no one from Dropbox or those super users was able to answer it. Thank you

Juan Pedro M.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Any way to do it for the total number of files, including sublfoders? From the website, I mean.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

including sublfoders?

No.

Sean P.10
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

The Ctrl A / listing is a very neat "undocumented feature" that should actually be well publicized given how in demand that feature is.
***Dropbox Developers - The addition of a right click "show folder details" giving #files and folder size would be very useful, and not difficult to implement!

Sean P.10
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

... as would a "folder compare" feature allowing a user to compare a sync'd online folder in the web interface, with a local folder on a computer, which compares hashes to confirm exact matches. That way, a user could have some comfort that a folder is exactly synchronised. And if it drops out half way, or the online folder shows 521 files and the local folder shows 522 files, we would know which single file or files had to be re-uploaded rather than having to drag all 522 across again.

Terri T.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same request here!!   I am shocked that this isn't available.  I paid for this space but will be looking for another cloud-based solution now.

Need more support?