cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Log out of all sessions

Log out of all sessions

FB1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, I believe I was compromised yesterday on my dropbox.  I accidently opened a pdf from an unknown email.  I was then asked to sign in to my dropbox and did so.  Immediately after this I changed my passords and logged off all my devices accept for my pc.  I later logged back on using my new password. I just noticed this morning in dropbox security that there is still a session logged on to my drop box that is not familar to me (this session shows that it was first logged on to my dropbox on the same time as I had the episode yesterday). There doesnt seem to be a cross to turn this session off, the browser is chrome on windows, and most recent activity is showing as 'current session'. How do I find out the current user of this session and how to I turn this off or turn off all my sessions?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
If you don't see the X to close the session, then it's the session that you're currently using. Hover your cursor over the i and it will show you the IP address for that session. It's likely the IP address of your modem/router, etc.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
If you don't see the X to close the session, then it's the session that you're currently using. Hover your cursor over the i and it will show you the IP address for that session. It's likely the IP address of your modem/router, etc.

FB1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you for the reply. Much appreciated!

AWJ
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

That sounds easy. Where is the place to put the x?

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there (@AWJ), (while your question may be slightly different than the OP's) please bear in mind that you can easily disconnect your account's active sessions through your Security tab online. 

Hopefully this answers your question, though please do let me know here in case you have any follow-up questions & I’ll do my best to check back with you. Thanks for posting your question on the Community & I'm wishing you a wonderful rest of your day ahead! 

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior or have a question, feel free to Ask for help from the Community here.]

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Need more support?