cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Mobile Authenticator not working

Mobile Authenticator not working

Daniel J.8
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Using 2-step verification, I've recently tried switching from receiving texts to using the mobile authenticator. However, the latter is not working.
I'm getting 'invalid' code when i try to input the code generated. How is this possible?
Is there no other way to use 2-step authenticator without having to resort to texts?

78 Replies 78

Petrache D.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hello,im having a problem and I cannot access my account.I have a email address with. Com and I have made by mistake with. Ro and now I cannot enter or know the password. What should I do?

I have alot of memories there... Please help me..

Thanks 

Kaz
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey Petrache! Do you have access to this account via a mobile device or a linked computer?

JackieandScout
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I can't sign in as the code isn't arriving on my mobile. I have my mobile here in my hand, but no code is arriving. The verification code, apparently I have one,  I must have totally forgotten. 

And now?

Kaz
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey Jackie! To sort your issue out you will need to speak with our support team. Can you please go through this workflow (it will ask for information to make sure we have all the information needed to help):

https://www.dropbox.com/support  

Leonardo O.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Quem e vcs

Laureline
Community Manager
Go to solution

Hey Leonardo!

Anything I can help you with?

joker-2 j.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Не приходит смс с кодом безопасности на телефон.?????

brooke l.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Im trying to access a separate dropbox account. I have my email address for it, but I forgot the password and can no longer access the email it connects with. How can I access my documents? 

Kelly M.23
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi

My email address needs to be updated as I don't have access to it anymore. Unfortunately I've also forgotten my password (I never sign out on my laptop). How can I change both my email address and password at the same time?

Laureline
Community Manager
Go to solution

Hi Brooke and Kelly!

Unfortunately, due to our security policies, if you don't remember your password and no longer have access to the email address registered to your Dropbox account, we have no way to help you regain access to that account.

If it's possible, we recommend that you contact your email service provider to regain access to your email account, and then request a new password.

However, you may be able to transfer the files in this account to another account in one of two ways:

Method A

If you still have access to a computer with your Dropbox files on it, you can transfer the files to another Dropbox account you've created by unlinking and relinking the Dropbox desktop application to the new account.

To do so, please follow the instructions here:

https://www.dropbox.com/help/25

Method B

If you still have access to a smartphone with the Dropbox app on it and access to a computer, you can transfer the files to another Dropbox account by using the remote installation process.

To do this, please go to the mobile app and do the following:

1) Tap on the “Settings” tab.
2) Tap on “Link a Computer”.
3) Follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
4) Once you've scanned the QR code, you'll be automatically logged in to your Dropbox account. The desktop application will start to download to your computer and sync all files on your Dropbox to that computer.

From here you can follow the instructions outlined above in Method A to merge your files with your new account.

Please make sure that you're not using a public computer to carry out this process, as doing so will download your files to the computer.

I hope this helps!

Need more support?