Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

My Account has been disabled or deleted by dropbox

Level 3

I want my account back. I need my old files and documents in there. Dropbox deleted my account due to inactivity (i think). I have not been opening my yahoo emails because I have thousands unread emails came from facebook and my head aches by just looking at it.

So I created gmail, thats where my important emails from work and business matters will go through. My dropbox account was linked to my old yahoo email address. And Yahoo also deleted all my old emails since 2016. Its really getting worst. So I wasnt able to read the warning email at all.

I need my documents, those are really important thats why i saved it online instead. I have lost my other copies because my laptop was no longer working and my phone was stolen, i just bought a new mobile last year and yahoo also deleted the duplicates of those documents. It didnt sunk in my head to my head to open my dropbox because I was busy with my life and work, I thought my documents is going to be safe. 

Last logged in probably: 2016 or in the early mos of 2017

12 Replies

Re: My Account has been disabled or deleted by dropbox

Super User II

Unfortunately, if your account was deleted due to inactivity then there's no way to recover it, especially after all this time. The account and files within it are already gone. You can try contacting Support directly but I believe they will tell you the same thing.

Open your ticket here: https://dropbox.com/support
Track your ticket here: https://dropbox.zendesk.com

Replies take approximately 1 - 3 business days with Plus, Professional and Business users getting priority (longer for Basic users).

Dropboxer
Hey cityofglass, just a quick update on the progress, as I was able to locate your open ticket in our system & I could see that it’s currently in our team’s inbox, so you may expect a reply from them soon. (Note: @Walter has also increased your support priority internally & he’s transferred your comments on to our colleagues.)

I hope that this is helpful & I’m wishing you a wonderful rest of your day! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 2
Please could you help me too my account was deleted taking photographs of my children as babies my father and father in law who have since passed away .... I'm devastated.... Is there anyway you could help me too please?

Dropboxer

Hey there (@Clathea), as we can only proceed with account-specific requests via our Official Support channel, I’ve sent you a brief message on the email connected to your Forum profile. You may have a look at your inbox at your earliest convenience if you’d like us to work on that together. Thanks in advance & happy Monday! 

Jane

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Level 3

Hi Jane, 

I have responded to your email. I am unsure as to whether or not you have received the response. please can you let me know.  

Many thanks

Dropboxer
Thanks for circling back to me @Clathea! As this is an account-specific matter that’s handled by a specialized team, I’ve already forwarded it to their inbox, so you may expect a reply from them on that email chain soon. 

I hope that this is-even slightly- helpful to you & please do let me know here in case you need further assistance in any way & I’ll check back with you asap. Happy Friday! 

Jane

Level 3

[Duplicate post removed by moderation.]

closed account deleted photographs

Level 3

I am so disappointed and sickened bythe way drop box operates in closing accounts if people haven't logged into them for over a year. My account was linked to an email that was specifically set up with the set up of a samsung mobile phone. Dropbox had linked in with smsung mobiles to offer backup and in my case linked in with that email address set up with the phone. When I moved to Iphone I no longer recieved notifications from this email address, so did not get the warning emails about the closure of the  dropbox account, so my account was closed and my precious photographs. I didn't check in with them because I thought they would be safe. 

Drop box should have accounted for the fact that people may not have received notifications for any number of reasons such as mine. They should have sought confirmation or permission  to close the accounts and not have taken a non response  as consent to delete accounts and files. They advertised their service as a backup and have gone ahead and deleted peoples's files, without real consent. Many people have lost files of important work and precious photographs, which are peoples' memories that can now not be replaced. The most sickening part of it is that it was done to save revenue for company. They have deleted my precious photographs and memories in order  to save revenue!!! I'm devastated!!!

Re: closed account deleted photographs

Dropboxer

Hey there @clathea1 - so sorry to hear about this and please note that I'll be passing all of your comments to the appropriate department as feedback - thank you for that!

Read on for more context please: 

Dropbox determines inactive accounts by looking at sign-ins, file shares, and file activity (adding, editing, or deleting) on any of our platforms (Dropbox or Paper) over the last 12 months. If you have signed in on one of our platforms, or had any file activity on them at any point within the previous 12 months, then your account is considered active.

Since that's not the case here, I went ahead and reached out via email to the address you use for your forum's profile so we can have a further look into this with all of our tools available. 

Take a look at your email's inbox for my message and we'll take it from there. 

Thanks in advance and happy Monday!

Walter

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

My Account has been disabled or deleted by dropbox
12 Replies
3 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post