cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old account closed due to inactivity. What can I do?

Old account closed due to inactivity. What can I do?

AnthonyMondz
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

How do I reopen my account after it got closed? I have one registered with my Yahoo account and it got closed on May 2nd and I want to reopen it so I can move my files to another account, This account is one I just made to post this.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

ferpal1 wrote:

My account gor closed due to inactivity. I have been away for a while and did not need to access the account but is there a way to re open it?

More than likely, no. Once an account has been deleted, it's gone. You can try asking Support but they may not be able to assist you.

Open your ticket here: https://www.dropbox.com/support
Track your ticket here: https://dropbox.zendesk.com

Replies take approximately 1 - 3 business days with Plus users getting priority (longer for Basic users).

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey AnthonyMondz 

Thanks for getting in touch on the Community, we'd like to welcome you & we hope that you enjoy it here!

Just to clarify, you mention that your account got closed. Did you delete your account or was it closed due to inactivity

Once I have this piece of info, I'll send over more details about it. 

Kind regards, 
JaneA

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
You may find Anthony that it isnt possible if it was due to inactivity Im afraid.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

ferpal1
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello there!

Help please!!!

My account gor closed due to inactivity.

I have been away for a while and did not need to access the account but

is there a way to re open it? 

Thank you 

Fernando

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

ferpal1 wrote:

My account gor closed due to inactivity. I have been away for a while and did not need to access the account but is there a way to re open it?

More than likely, no. Once an account has been deleted, it's gone. You can try asking Support but they may not be able to assist you.

Open your ticket here: https://www.dropbox.com/support
Track your ticket here: https://dropbox.zendesk.com

Replies take approximately 1 - 3 business days with Plus users getting priority (longer for Basic users).

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @ferpal1, if you go per @Rich 's advice, please let me know here, so that I check it on my end!  

Looking forward to hearing back from you. Thanks!

Jane
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

emekusfbi
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Hello my account was closed yesterday about 22:42 pm... i cant afford to close that account , pls how do i reactivate it

emekusfbi
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

The name of the account is [personal information removed by moderation for security reasons]

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @emekusfbi, as we can only proceed with account-specific matters via our Official Support channel (we’ll need to have direct access to your account details in order to further advise on the matter), I’ve made sure to reach out to you on my end, since I couldn’t locate an open support request on our system. I also removed your email address, as this is a public Forum & anything you post us is visible to anyone visiting this thread. 

Whenever you have some spare time, please have a look at your inbox for my email & I’ll make sure to promptly follow-up with you asap. Thanks for checking in with us on the Forum & I’m looking forward to hearing back from you!

Jane
dropbox.com/support

ghenwaabureslan
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
hello, 
I have realized that you have closed my drop box account, i am trying to view my folders with no luck. 
I need to open the account again in order to view my folders please. 
thank you 
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Mohammedjmahmood New member | Level 2
    Jane Dropbox Staff
    ghenwaabureslan Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?