cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password expired, email canceled. No way to change Dropbox email.

SOLVED
18 Comments
1 Kudo
PKJ
Level 4

Password expired, email canceled. No way to change Dropbox email.

Hi, recently Dropbox says my password is expired, however, I found my registed email was canceled (school email). So if there any way to change my register email will be appreciated.

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution
Dropboxer

Re: Password expired, email canceled. No way to change Dropbox email.

Hey @PKJ,

Our support team may be able to help you out, but you’ll need to write in to them here. Please make sure that you write in from an email address that you do have access to, so our agents can get in touch with you. 

Thanks!  

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly!
slightly smiling face

18 Replies
Super User

How can you prove that it is your eMailAddress???

⁉️ ____________________________________________________________________
Falls Ihnen meine Antwort gefallen oder geholfen hat, können Sie mir ein "Kudo" geben oder "Als Lösung akzeptieren" anklicken.
If you like my answer or find it helpful you could give me a "Kudo" or click at "Accept as Solution"
Highlighted
Solution
Dropboxer

Hey @PKJ,

Our support team may be able to help you out, but you’ll need to write in to them here. Please make sure that you write in from an email address that you do have access to, so our agents can get in touch with you. 

Thanks!  

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly!
slightly smiling face

PKJ
Level 4

I'm still using this email logging in Dropbox desktop app. No worries.
PKJ
Level 4

Support request sent, thanks for your help!
Level 2

When I click on the link, I get sent to the standard HELP page, which redirects me here, which redirects me back to the HELP page. Where do I find a place to actually WRITE a message?
Super User II

Choose the closest option you can and if necessary 'Get Help with Other Topic'.

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Super User II

www.dropbox.com/support
Basic / Plus
Account
Get Help with other issue.

Then you can log a ticket as I said earlier.

Note that you will probably not be able to change the account. Dropbox have publicly said before that if you lose access to your email you lose access to that account - you need to set up a new email and transfer the data between the account.

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Level 2

Mark,

You write:

Dropbox have publicly said before that if you lose access to your email you lose access to that account - you need to set up a new email and transfer the data between the account.

Fine. But I can't find ANY instructions on how to do this anywhere on the Dropbox site.  Nor are there any instructions on what to do to gracefully migrate the Dropbox taskbar icon's link on multiple computers to the new account.  In short, this STINKS

What Dropbox is doing with the "Expired password" thing is simply RIDICULOUS.  As a general rule, I only access Dropbox from the icon on my computer's task bar, and that still lets me see and manipulate all my files.  But at this point, I need to manage the account, and I'm locked out of changing my own damned password when I am logged in.  It's ridiculous.

If I didn't have a friend who was trying to give me access to some files on their dropbox, I wouldn't even care. But I'm totally frustrated about the whole thing

Level 2

And I want to ADD:  The Dropbox icon on multiple computers never warned me that  my Dropbox password was about to expire.  If it had, then I could have avoided this whole mess.