cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recover Deleted Account

Nick B.
New member | Level 1

Is there anyway to recover an account that has been deleted?

38 Replies 38

Richard P.
Super User alumni

Nope, its gone.

Mark
Super User II

Just to confirm Richard is correct.

You selected that the account was deleted so it was - all data / referrals etc. are removed

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

varsha d.
New member | Level 1

can i get my deleted account back , it really important

Richard P.
Super User alumni

No, deleted accounts cannot be recovered.

Brian M.33
New member | Level 1

I was prompted by dropbox that my work account wasn't used in two years (which was true).  I decided to follow the link through my work email to delete the account.  What happened was it deleted my personal account.  I definitely did not want my personal account deleted, and I have no explanation how the two accounts were linked other than I may have used my personal email address as a backup on my work account (and vice versa; my work email as a backup on my personal account).  I use my personal account regularly (a couple times a week) and if the two emails were linked like this, I would assume they wouldn't have sent me this inactive email in the first place.  I'm very upset right now and looking for any guidance to recover my personal account.

Mark
Super User II

I dont think you can Brian I'm afraid. 

Log a ticket and ask. www.dropbox.com/support

I think what may have happened is you've been logged in to your personal account (software installed on your machine?) and it does warn you which accounts are being removed as you do the process. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Elise Paisley
New member | Level 1

The same thing that happened to Brian happened to me! At least I want my account with all my space in his back. Unfortunately I guess it's my files are gone I'm SOL. This is a really bad set up from dropbox.

Allison C.7
New member | Level 1

I have a Dropbox Pro account and have for several years. My business account got linked to it, and the business admin today accidentally deleted my whole account. Is it gone forever? Even as a Dropbox Pro user?

Rich
Super User II

My business account got linked to it, and the business admin today accidentally deleted my whole account.

Have the business team admin contact Support to see if they can restore the account.

Note to everyone else... This is a unique situation that occurs when a business account removes a member from their team. It is not the same as when you go through the process to delete an account. Support will not be able to restore your accounts if you've deleted it yourself.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    brainy New member | Level 2
    Little S.1 Helpful | Level 5
    Toni B.1 New member | Level 1
    Brian M.33 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?