cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a refund of a yearly plan to change it to monthly

Need a refund of a yearly plan to change it to monthly

Wouter0301
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello,

I accidentally purchased a yearly subscription in stead of a monthly subscription. I live in the European Union, therefore I can get a refund. How do I go about it and what information would I need to share?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Just select Account followed by Get help with other issue.

View solution in original post

31 Replies 31

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

As this is a billing/account related issue, you'll need to contact Support regarding this.

Open your ticket here: https://dropbox.com/support
Track your ticket here: https://dropbox.zendesk.com

Replies take approximately 1 - 3 business days with Plus users getting priority (longer for Basic users).

Wouter0301
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I can not open a ticket, since the option that I choose to pay with; iDeal (which is specific to the Netherlands as far as I know), is not a chosable option. Any other options?

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Just select Account followed by Get help with other issue.

505natedawg505
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
I didn't mean for this to charge my card at all I was try to find how to delete my account then it took me to the free one charge my mind about it and I don't know what I did but it charge me for something and I don't want it I just want to delete my account and get a refund back please I don't want anything charge to my card I'm sorry and thank you for fixing it

Rob_Cash
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@505natedawg505 wrote:
I didn't mean for this to charge my card at all I was try to find how to delete my account then it took me to the free one charge my mind about it and I don't know what I did but it charge me for something and I don't want it I just want to delete my account and get a refund back please I don't want anything charge to my card I'm sorry and thank you for fixing it

It appears that you have started a Dropbox Business Trial, which means you have a 30 day window to cancel the trial without being charged. 

You should be able to do so from this link: Cancel my trial

albertalindsay
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

They charged me for an annual plan for 1200$ that i choose monthly.  Now dropbox is saying there is nothing they can do, and there are no refunds!  This is corporate greed at its worst.  I have now had to fight this with my bank, and thinking about taking my story to the local news because this seems to be an ongoing problem.

People are becoming entraped, and 1200 is more than half of what I make a month.  I haven't even used the 4 other licenses they charged me for.  I lost my only brother this year, its been hard enough.  Dropbox is supposed to be a respectable company, how can they have such a little heart.  I am now in financial problems and my life is even worse.

I am so depressed over this, i even offered to pay for the month and to keep using their service if they switched me to a monthly plan and they said no.

Rob_Cash
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@albertalindsay wrote:

They charged me for an annual plan for 1200$ that i choose monthly.  Now dropbox is saying there is nothing they can do, and there are no refunds!  This is corporate greed at its worst.  I have now had to fight this with my bank, and thinking about taking my story to the local news because this seems to be an ongoing problem.

People are becoming entraped, and 1200 is more than half of what I make a month.  I haven't even used the 4 other licenses they charged me for.  I lost my only brother this year, its been hard enough.  Dropbox is supposed to be a respectable company, how can they have such a little heart.  I am now in financial problems and my life is even worse.

I am so depressed over this, i even offered to pay for the month and to keep using their service if they switched me to a monthly plan and they said no.

Just checked, and it looks like you were refunded fully.  Hope that makes your day a bit better. 

albertalindsay
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

It makes my LIFE better.  Thank you DropBox for doing this, it really means more to me than I could ever express.

Sincerely,

Alberta

Cottam0089
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

@albertalindsay wrote:

Thats really shocking, i am really sorry to read this situation and i completely agree, more horror stories, strange how they say you cant get a refund and resist against you then you ended up with one, this company drags you through the mud to get a refund at your expense.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rob_Cash Dropbox Staff
    Mark Super User II
    cheyenne Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?