cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox ideas

Got an idea for Dropbox? We want to hear it. Our team will review the top voted ideas, so share them here!

Got an idea for Dropbox? We want to hear it. Our team will review the top voted ideas, so share them here!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we have different plans / price points / data combinations / plan sizes?

Can we have different plans / price points / data combinations / plan sizes?

Michel L.
New member | Level 2

Hi, I find limited in the choices of subscription plans. Basic/free and Pro/110$

I'd gladly pay something like 25$ a year for 50GB and a 2 users family plan.

Considering iCloud have a 12$ plan for 20 GB and 48$ for 200GB, that seems reasonable..

1,095 Comments
Bilbus
Explorer | Level 3

I would Upgrade, but I don’t need a Terabyte, and $10 is too much as a monthly charge for me. If you offered lower priced plans for less, you would make a killing and I would Upgrade. Same theory as with Apps...Sell an App for $20 and you may sell none. Sell the same App for $5 and it will sell like crazy.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi there, thanks for the suggestion, I’ll forward this suggestion to our team for their consideration.

Rich
Super User II

@Bilbus wrote:

If you offered lower priced plans for less, you would make a killing ...

They wouldn't, actually. Dropbox has tried smaller, less expensive plans a couple of times in the past and they were never financially successful. There are MANY topics on the forums that already discuss this and other reasons why such plans are no longer available.

Johndgoode
New member | Level 2

I am very happy with Dropbox. It’s very easy to use. But, as I approach the limit of free storage, I find the cost of extra storage too much. I am not a business and so do not require 1TB storage. 50GB would be fine, and I would be happy to pay £0.99 or even £1.79 per month for such an upgrade, but not £8.99 for 1TB. So, come on Dropbox, how about introducing a home storage plan?

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey there @Johndgoode  - thanks for feedback on this!

As this has been suggested already under this thread, I moved your post here to keep all the relevant feedback reports under one place.

You can also upvote this idea too!

If there's anything else you'd like to add, please let us know John!

justdanyul
Explorer | Level 4

I'd be a bit worried as a Dropbox employee, if their business plan, truly doesn't support having competitive products. Which is basically what they are saying, when claiming they cant have smaller subscriptions (as their competitors offer), because they'll lose money. You are saying, out of fear of losing out, on what you already have, you'll rather lose out on new business. Hope your customer retention is through the roof guys.

Anyways, its a shame, I wanted to get a dropbox subscription, but they don't have anything that remotely suits my needs (I'll be challenged to use a tenth of the space they want to sell me).

Google Drive it is.

dinesh15
New member | Level 2

Hi, For individual users do not require 1TB plan. Why there is no plans available for 100 GB,200GB,500GB ? Indian economy the dropbox pricing is very high. It would be very helpful if there is lesser plans available like 100GB,200GB to purchase for individual personal users.... This is my suggestion and feedback for all users.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Hey @dinesh15

Although these are currently the plans you can subscribe to, you can also earn space to increase your storage by:
You can find more info about this here

I hope this helped to some extent! :slight_smile:
Explorer | Level 3
i assume lots of people are making Google millions, by paying monthly fees for the completely **bleep**ty but affordable 100gb/200gb options. as am i.
please add smaller plans so we can make you rich and ditch Google drive at the same time!
Prashant K.1
New member | Level 2

I am going to do that now!!

Vote for this idea

Like this idea? Vote for it and we will give it the attention it deserves!

471 votes received