cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Did you know you can get an answer in less than 2 hours? Try asking a question now!
9 Comments
4 Likes
Highlighted
Level 3

Subscription question

Hi!
I just got an email that my monthly subscription renewed again even though I thought I had cancelled. This is through iTunes. I have followed all directions I have found to cancel subscription but there is no cancel button. It only allows me to upgrade. I don’t even use Dropbox so I don’t want to let this go. How to I downgrade to basic free plan?? I tried online through my Dropbox account as well as iTunes. There is simply no option to cancel or downgrade to basic.
1 Accepted best answer

Accepted Solutions
Super User II

Re: Subscription question

You need to go the iTunes store and do it via there and stop future payments. I believe it is in the 'Subscriptions' section of the account page (i.e. click on your name/email and log in).

You will stay as a paying subscriber here until your paid period expires.

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

9 Replies
Super User II

As you subscribed via iTunes you have to cancel via iTunes - there is no way for Dropbox or the website to do this. Apple emails you weeks before the upgrade to tell you this as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/help/billing/app-store-subscriptions

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Level 3

I understand that and I don’t even care about getting a refund I just want to be basic. There is no cancel or downgrade option to basic. I’m asking how do you do it through iTunes when it’s not even an option?
Super User II

You need to go the iTunes store and do it via there and stop future payments. I believe it is in the 'Subscriptions' section of the account page (i.e. click on your name/email and log in).

You will stay as a paying subscriber here until your paid period expires.

Level 3

I logged into iTunes I also went through settings and Apple ID. The subscriptions comes up and my only subscription is Dropbox. When I select Dropbox there is no option to select basic. There is no option to cancel current subscription as shown in directions. There is no cancel subscription button in iTunes.
Super User II

I'm afraid you need to ask iTunes / Apple for help Saraellen then - as its that site which isnt working :(

I'm not sure how it works in terms of plans there.

Usually if you go to the help area they are really quick at online chat to cancel things.

Level 3

Ok I’ll try. When I looked up info about the cancel option not being there it said it was developer issue. Thanks
Super User II

May also be worth (just to be doubly sure) to log a ticket at www.dropbox.com/support and tell them that bit

Once done you can track at http://dropbox.zendesk.com

Level 3

Thank you Mark! I spoke with Apple and was assured the reason it does not have a cancel option is because I already cancelled. Apparently it will show active until mid July when it will then go to basic. Still not sure why I received the email from Dropbox thanking me for subscribing when I had cancelled. Hopefully in July when the subscription ends this will be resolved.
Super User II

Ah, you'll have received a subscription email for this month if payment has just gone through.

Thats as I said a while ago in that subscriptions 'stay' on the account until you've used up what you've paid for.

Pleased its all sorted!! slightly smiling face

Manage Account

Welcome! If you have a question about Dropbox, you’re in the right place

Post your question or search for an answer, the community is here to help

Not looking for support? Explore other features of Dropbox

Learn more about the community

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post
  • Saraellen
  • Mark