cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: logging out

How do I log out of my Dropbox desktop app?

pv1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

How do you log out/off?  I have an icon on my desktop but anyone can click it & get into my Dropbox.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
You cant log out without unlinking Dropbox completely. If you want to do that you'll need to remember to also delete all of the Dropbox data off your computer because that is a folder on your machine like every single other one (it isnt special).

You are better off securing the user account so that only you can log on to it and only you can get the files (same as 'My Documents' etc.)

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
You cant log out without unlinking Dropbox completely. If you want to do that you'll need to remember to also delete all of the Dropbox data off your computer because that is a folder on your machine like every single other one (it isnt special).

You are better off securing the user account so that only you can log on to it and only you can get the files (same as 'My Documents' etc.)

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

jshdixon
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have TWO dropbox accounts (one personal, one business).  I used to be able to switch between them by logging in/out.  That isn't possible any longer????

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
If you have a personal (basic or Plus) account, and a Business (free team or paid) account, you can connect the two accounts and then switch between them without having to log in and out. 

I hope this helps! Let me know.
Thanks, and have a great week :slight_smile:

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

krit
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, I am struggling with this. As I do have some essential info on Dropbox (my password safe f.i.) I sync my work pc with my personal dropbox account. So far so good. I have a personal account on that pc too. But....

There is something could ICT system managers. They can unlock my useraccount at any time and thus have access to my dropbox files. I just don't want them to have access to my personal stuff.

On windows there is another problem: anyone with the correct knowledge can start a pc from cd or USB with a tool to remove all (even the systemadministrator's) password from the password table. And there we have our precious Dropbox files...

For a safe usage the only way seems to be to encrypt the entire Dropbox directory structure with an extra tool... Why does Dropbox include this or... have the possibilty for a virtual dropbox directory (files to be downloaded on demand) started with a password protected app.

jiker69
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Why do we have to log in if we can't log out?

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

jiker69
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Sorry for the confusion. If I "log-in" into Dropbox in a Internet Explorer window. I am requred to use a Password. How do I "log-out"?

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Click on your face, or cartoon icon, at the top right and select the log out option.

jiker69
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

OMG!! Thank you for your help.

Need more support?