cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Submit your story to win a $25 Amazon gift card and a Dropbox hoodie! Ends Nov. 16
Known issues updated Learn more
1 Comment
0 Likes
Highlighted
Level 2

recovering my Dropbox account

Hello. A month ago I deleted a Dropbox account. But I just realized that I had some important files that I forgot to save. Is there a way to recover it? I remember the mailbox and the password used. 

1 Reply
Dropboxer

Re: recovering my Dropbox account

Hey @hi098.

Initially, please note that if you delete your account, we will initiate deletion of the Dropbox files you store on Dropbox after 30 days. If you mark a file within your account for permanent deletion, we will permanently delete it within 60 days in the normal course of operations. 

More importantly, deleting a Dropbox Basic, Plus, or Professional account can't be undone. You can find more details on this here

However, if you were part of a Business team and were deleted, or you’d like more info about this matter, due to account-specific info required, please contact our Support team

Let me know if you have any other questions. Cheers! grinning face

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Manage Account

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help you find an answer!
You won’t have to wait too long for a reply, but why not learn more about the Community while you’re here.

Not the right discussion for you? Find out what else our Community has to say about Managing your account.

Or, search our Help Center for even more.

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post