Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

A shared link sent to me is no longer working

Level 2

I was trying to look at photos that were sent to me via a link for dropbox.  The photos are no longer in dropbox and  The link no longer works.  I tried to fill out the customer support form but i do not know what link they are referring too.  The person who sent the link is no longer working for the company and they dont have his information :(

Tags (1)
3 Replies

Re: missing photos

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi there, if this was a shared link, then the files would only be located on the owner’s account. They are not automatically added to your account unless you choose to save them to your account. 

As the link doesn’t work, then either the file or folder it was pointing to was deleted from their account, or they directly deleted the link.

The only way to get access to the files in that link would be to contact the owner to re-share the files again. 

Hope this helps to clarify matters!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 2

I set up a new file to share listed the same as the deleted one and cannot get it to work.  It is telling me "Please check that your email address and password are incorrect.  Could my user (personal information removed for security purposes) possibly locked out?

Dropboxer

I'm sorry to hear about this @jawilburn - could you forward me a screenshot of the exact error message you get (along with the steps you take) so as to get a better understanding of the matter at hand?

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Missing files and folders

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

A shared link sent to me is no longer working
3 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post