cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

Can I restore a folder I accidentally deleted some months ago?

Level 2

I deleted a map, I found that out today when I was looking in my pictures again. The thing is that I deleted maps a few moths ago and that I deleted that one map with the other ones while it wasn't the intention. Since it is a few months ago, the map is not anymore in the list of deleted files. Is the any way that I could get the map back on an other way?

4 Replies

Re: Deleted map

Super User II

@danae1 wrote:
Since it is a few months ago, the map is not anymore in the list of deleted files. Is the any way that I could get the map back on an other way?

Most likely, no. Basic and Plus accounts include 30 days of file recovery. Professional and Business accounts include 120 days (upgrading after the fact doesn't increase the time to recover an already-deleted file).

Level 2
So even the people who work for Dropbox can't do something about it?

Dropboxer

Hey Danae - sorry to hear about your deleted files.

I’m very sorry to be the bad news bearer here, but we can only restore files for 30 days after they're deleted from your account (supposing you're on the Basic or Plus plan while this extends to 120 days for our Professional and Business plans).

Please note that the Extended Version History is not retroactive - the history of the revisions starts from the date of eligibility. Any files that were deleted more than 30 days ago will not be made recoverable with the purchase of our Professional or Business plans.

That said, if those files were indeed deleted more than 30 days ago, we're unable to recover them.

I hope this clarifies matters and let me know if you have any more questions.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 2
Ohww, that's too bad. Well, thx anyways for the fast response!
Missing files and folders

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Can I restore a folder I accidentally deleted some months ago?
4 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post