cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot see a folder I accepted invitation to

Cannot see a folder I accepted invitation to

Clara84
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello,

I accepted an invitation to a folder and cannot see it in either my browser dropbox or my desktop dropbox. Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there @Clara84! I just wanted to add to what @Mark has mentioned and just make sure we have covered all ground: have you added the shared folder by following one of the following two options.

To add a shared folder to your Dropbox account through the Sharing tab:
  1. Sign in to dropbox.com.
  2. Click Files.
  3. Select Sharing.
  4. Find the shared folder you want to access and click on the (ellipsis) icon and select Add.
To add a shared folder to your Dropbox account from your notifications on dropbox.com:
  2. Click the notification (bell) icon.
  3. Click Add to Dropbox under the shared folder you want to access.
If this doesn’t help and you’re still encountering some trouble with this, due to account-specific and sensitive info that’s required, I’d recommend moving this discussion to email. Let me know of any update on the matter and I’ll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. 

Thanks in advance! :grinning:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
What does www.dropbox.com/events show? Have you still got access to it?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Clara84
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Does not have any reference to me accepting invitation. My manager can see that I have access to the folder. 

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Are you sure you are using the right account?

Check that the email address he sent your invite to is EXACTLY the same as the one you are using now.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Clara84
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Yes, it is the correct email address, the same address I accepted all of my other folders from. I still cannot see it. 

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there @Clara84! I just wanted to add to what @Mark has mentioned and just make sure we have covered all ground: have you added the shared folder by following one of the following two options.

To add a shared folder to your Dropbox account through the Sharing tab:
  2. Click Files.
  3. Select Sharing.
  4. Find the shared folder you want to access and click on the (ellipsis) icon and select Add.
To add a shared folder to your Dropbox account from your notifications on dropbox.com:
  2. Click the notification (bell) icon.
  3. Click Add to Dropbox under the shared folder you want to access.
If this doesn’t help and you’re still encountering some trouble with this, due to account-specific and sensitive info that’s required, I’d recommend moving this discussion to email. Let me know of any update on the matter and I’ll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. 

Thanks in advance! :grinning:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Clara84
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks so much @Lusil, that fixed it! I found it in the Sharing folder– the first time I tried to add it it told me the operation couln't be completed, but I refreshed the page and tried again and it worked. Finally!

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Glad to hear that resolved your concern, thanks for keeping me in the loop, @Clara84!

If you have any other questions, you know where to find us. In the mean time, have a wonderful day ahead! :sunglasses:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropbox Staff
    Clara84 Explorer | Level 4
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?