Did you mean: 
Announcements

yes

12 Comments
4 Likes
Highlighted
Level 2

Cannot view uploaded files

I uploaded files today and I can see that the upload was sucessful in the "recent" section, but they are not viewable in the folder where I uploaded them. My billing info is current and I have plenty of free space. 

12 Replies

Re: Cannot view uploaded files

Having the same problem. I've uploaded them 3 times on 2 different browsers with the same result. Maddening!

Dropboxer

Hey there folks - sorry for the tardy response; are you still having issues with this?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 5

Same problem. Using dropbox through a browser, often times my business partner cannot see the files I have uploaded. We both look at the folder together (different computers, in different states) and I see the files, she doesn't. Maddening for her and maddening for me cuz then I have to email the files to her. Wastes a lot of time.

Level 2

I am having the exact same problem

Dropboxer

Does it persist on other browsers @Inspired1 & @Alyssa24?

Walter

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Level 5

Walter -- good question. Next time it happens I'll ask my partner to try a different browser. It happens for her....not for me. Thanks for that suggestion.

Level 5

Hiya, my business partner only uses Chrome as her browser. I'll suggest she try a different browser next time it happens. I'll be sure to come back and let you guys know.  Thanks, d

Level 5

My business partner tried to use Explorer rather than Chrome to "see" files on drop box and while I was looking right at the uploaded files on my computer....they were invisible to her.  We are thinking of just starting over and using the desktop app. It's my understanding that will make a "mirror" of my shared folders for her onto dropbox...and when I file something new, it will sync onto dropbox and be available for her to use. Is that correct?

Dropboxer

Yes indeed @Inspired1 - as "syncing" is the core feature of Dropbox, the files you copy or move into your Dropbox folder should sync with your other connected devices and the web (you can access your files through dropbox.com as you know).

As per the issue you described, it sounds like a browser specific issue so I'd suggest to have your business partner use another one other than the one they used in the first place.

Keep me posted on your progress!

Walter

Missing files and folders

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help you find an answer!
You won’t have to wait too long for a reply, but why not learn more about the Community while you’re here.

Not the right discussion for you? Find out what else our Community has to say about Missing files and folders.

Or, search our Help Center for even more.

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post