Announcements
Are you a Dropbox Business Admin? Check this out

DropBox Access

SOLVED
4 Comments
1 Kudo
Level 4

DropBox Access

I logged into my laptop, opened Word and my link to DropBox is no longer there. How do I reinstall it? I have already attempted to reinstall DropBox and successfully updated it, but the icon is still not there. 

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Super User II

Re: DropBox Access

wrote:

there is no folder on my computer. ... I can search and find "Dropbox" on my C drive.

That IS the Dropbox folder on your computer. You don't need to add it to a Library to be able to save to it. It's just a folder like any other on your computer. Click File then Save or Save As (or click the disk icon in the toolbar), click This PC or Browse, and navigate to the Dropbox folder. By default, it would be C:\Users\[your username]\Dropbox.

4 Replies
Super User II

Dropbox is usually just a folder on your computer. You should be able to just browse to that folder location in the Open and Save dialogs.

If you're referring to Dropbox as a Place within Word, see here:

Level 4

Thank you! That's just it... there is no folder on my computer. It's bizarre. Just gone. I can access it online, and I can search and find "Dropbox" on my C drive. However, I cannot add it to my Library or Favorites so that I can actually work on a doc and save it to Dropbox. Thoughts? I'm losing my mind...

Solution
Super User II

wrote:

there is no folder on my computer. ... I can search and find "Dropbox" on my C drive.

That IS the Dropbox folder on your computer. You don't need to add it to a Library to be able to save to it. It's just a folder like any other on your computer. Click File then Save or Save As (or click the disk icon in the toolbar), click This PC or Browse, and navigate to the Dropbox folder. By default, it would be C:\Users\[your username]\Dropbox.

Dropboxer

Hey @cmAggie

We haven’t heard back from you, so I’m thinking you’ve sorted this out. If you have any further questions or issues concerning your Dropbox, please don’t hesitate to contact us here, or at https://www.dropbox.com/support

Cheers!

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here]

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly!
slightly smiling face