cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Submit your story to win a $25 Amazon gift card and a Dropbox hoodie! Ends Nov. 16
Known issues updated Learn more
1 Comment
0 Likes
Highlighted
Level 2

Files and folders deleted from USB

Hi, 

I suscribed to dropbox plus to back up all my files. 

In July, I had uploaded my files to dropbox from  usb.  I thought all folders were copied but I noticed only a few folder were copied. 

Yesterday, I tried upload my files again from my usb.  then I got an error message after a few hours.  Then I realized the important files and folders were deleted from usb and dropbox does not have it.  I had a chat with a support team and he confirmed that the files and folders I am looking for (the most recent version) were never uploaded.  

My files just disappeard! 

What do I do? Please help!!!!

1 Reply
Dropboxer

Re: Files and folders deleted from USB

Sorry to hear that @stephywon - what does your Events page show? (all additions, edits and deletions are logged there so this should help determine if the files had ever made it to our servers)

If those files were never uploaded to Dropbox to begin with though, we won't be able to assist further from our end. Perhaps you should consult with your USB drive's manufacturer or even your computer's manufacturer to see if there's anything that can be done in this case. 

A side note on this: Your Dropbox folder is just a normal folder on your hard drive. Therefore, if you drag and drop files into the Dropbox folder, those files will be moved instead of copied.

I hope this information helps to some extent and please let me know if there's anything else I can assist with.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Missing files and folders

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help you find an answer!
You won’t have to wait too long for a reply, but why not learn more about the Community while you’re here.

Not the right discussion for you? Find out what else our Community has to say about Missing files and folders.

Or, search our Help Center for even more.

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post