cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Known issues updated. Learn more

Help us improve our online support experience by taking our short survey!

yes

Highlighted

Files aren't syncing in my shared folders

Level 2

Suddenly files are not syncing in our shared folders. I have unlinked and relinked several times but nothing is changing. I can see the file in my dropbox folder, but not on the other persons desktop or their online account. Any ideas what to try next?

Update: Just did the unlink/relink on all accounts again and this time it worked. Don't know why it didn't before but at least we are up and running again now.

3 Replies

Re: issue with syncing

Dropboxer
Hey @Harwood.

Could you please ask the other user if they can see the folder in question under their Sharing tab on the website? Have they added it to their account? 

Also, please make sure that the shared folder is shared with them via the email address associated with the account that they are looking in. The other users can check which email address is connected on the website by going to the General tab

Let me know of any update!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 2

Sorry, didn't get the notice - gmail spammed you...

The folder was there but no file in it. Folder is one I put things in and she takes them out and has been there for about a year so it isn't a new one.

I had checked my account to make sure I was using her correct dropbox account for linking (as she has 2) but that was good too. 

Everything was showing correct - just wouldn't link.

Don't know if you saw the update I added to the original post but I unlinked and relinked all the accounts on all the machines one more time and this time everything synced up. Weird...gremlims I guess.

Thanks for the help though. Much appreciated.

Dropboxer

No worries, I'm glad to hear that you were able to resolve your concern in the end, @Harwood. If you have any other questions, just give us a shout and, in the meantime, have a great day ahead! winking face

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Missing files and folders

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Files aren't syncing in my shared folders
More about this post
3 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See answer
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post