cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Files have been deleted, are not in the trash bin or registered in events

Files have been deleted, are not in the trash bin or registered in events

emy_l
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Files have been deleted, are not in the bin or registered in events. I have asked for help by chat, mail and twitter without answers. I'm desperate, the files that have been deleted are not in the trash, they can not be restored. Check in Events and it is not registered either.

This happened from one moment to another, I did not find a way to recover anything and the support team did not respond. These files are really delicate because we use dropbox as a temporary backup to change the backup hard disks.
It has been disappointing and we have lost respect to dropbox ... I do not know what we can do, that's why I am writing to you.

25 Replies 25

310EI
Super User
Go to solution

@emy_l wrote:

You do not know how grateful I am for the support!

Have an excellent week

Hello, @emy_l...

I'm glad that I could help you to know that you're not alone :nerd:

Losing irreplaceable data is something I deal with often in my profession.  I may suffer from OCD when I'm on a quest to teach our client's to safeguard their data as much as possible (using multiple methods).

Please keep in mind that I use Dropbox daily because it offers a multitude of fantastic features (eg: sharing collaboration folders, Teams, smart sync, paper, multiple device syncing, etc).  However, I use an off-site backup service to help protect our data and I recommend it to other people (eg: CrashPlan, iDrive, etc).  In addition, we use encrypted external backup devices.

For future reference, I believe that you should implement several alternative methods to keep your data safe from different threats (eg: theft, fire, hard drive failure, malware or ransomware).

Thank you... try to have a pleasant week as well.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey emy l., I understand that this may have been frustrating to you & for that reason we tried to look into the matter internally in the best possible way. 

I can see that you’ve received a reply by one of our highest level technicians regarding your restoration request. Have you been able to see their latest message? 

Please keep me updated on the progress here (or just in case you need further assistance) & I hope you have a beautiful rest of the day ahead! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

emy_l
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hello Jane, I am going to review the message, but today I saw that the files are appearing. Thanks for the support!

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Ah, thanks for keeping us in the loop, happy to hear that you can now access your files! :dividers:

Feel free to review our latest correspondence at your convenience (as I understand that you may also need to spend some time with your family these days) &, should you experience further issues, you may refer back to your email communication. 

As for the time being, I’ll accept  310EI s latest reply as a solution, since this points us towards the right direction. 

Once again, I’d like to remind you that we’re just a post away in case you’d like to share your thoughts in the future or experience further issues. Until then, take care & have an amazing day/ rest of your day! :slight_smile:

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

emy_l
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thanks to both, honestly without the answer in time of @310EI would have given me a collapse. It was important to understand that the files are not deleted and that we were on weekends, outside of working hours. That gave me some strength to wait until Monday. Then on Monday everything flowed. Thanks again @Jane for support and solidarity.   Hug to you and have an excellent week, full positive and full of good energy.

:grin::grimacing::grimacing::white_check_mark::white_check_mark:

310EI
Super User
Go to solution

@emy_l wrote:

Thanks to both, honestly without the answer in time of @310EI would have given me a collapse. It was important to understand that the files are not deleted and that we were on weekends, outside of working hours. That gave me some strength to wait until Monday. Then on Monday everything flowed. Thanks again @Jane for support and solidarity.   Hug to you and have an excellent week, full positive and full of good energy.

Hello, @emy_l...

You're quite welcome, I'm glad that I could help calm your nerves until the Dropbox Staff could help you.

That's fantastic news that Captain @Janeway and her crew were able to successfully transport your files into your Dropbox account (Captain who?).

I appreciate that you took the time to post your gracious comments - thank you.

Need more support?