cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files have been deleted, are not in the trash bin or registered in events

Files have been deleted, are not in the trash bin or registered in events

emy_l
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Files have been deleted, are not in the bin or registered in events. I have asked for help by chat, mail and twitter without answers. I'm desperate, the files that have been deleted are not in the trash, they can not be restored. Check in Events and it is not registered either.

This happened from one moment to another, I did not find a way to recover anything and the support team did not respond. These files are really delicate because we use dropbox as a temporary backup to change the backup hard disks.
It has been disappointing and we have lost respect to dropbox ... I do not know what we can do, that's why I am writing to you.

25 Replies 25

310EI
Super User
Go to solution

@emy_l wrote:
Thanks again, but if I'm an account manager, that's what I think is weird

Hello, @emy_l...

If you're the Admin for a Advanced Team then it's possible the number doesn't appear unless it's during their business hours (I'm not sure, just a theory).

emy_l
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
IT’s a los! Tks

emy_l
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

hello, I found the flaw, one of the users [email address removed by Jane for security reasons] Are delete the files in his computer, that should be the cause of file loss. but there are no deleted files or event history. I cant recover them.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Does that mean it was in a shared folder?

If that folder has then been unshared the history etc. is lost. Rejoin the share and you should see the files again - note, only within 30 days of deletion unless you pay for more.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

emy_l
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

All this happened on Thursday, not more than 4 days have elapsed yet.

checking I've seen that we have the Business account but none of the users is an administrator. I should be the administrator, my email [email address removed by Jane for security reasons] is the one that goes to business and invites the other members.

Within the users appear 4 members and we are only 3, one of the users sent the invitation but we agreed that we would only be 3, I could not delete the license to reduce 3 users.

I apologize for charging you with so many questions, but I do not have anyone else to ask

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
I suggest contacting support emy as they should be able to find the data for you and help you downgrade.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey emy l., I understand that you’d need further assistance on this matter & for that reason I was able to locate your open tickets with our team; many thanks to 310EI for pinging me here!

You may keep in mind that I’ve made sure to transfer your comments to my colleague on this correspondence (this is merely as account-specific cases can only be investigated via our official support channel, as they require sensitive details). 

Once they get to check the relevant info on our tools, they’ll get back in touch on this email chain with more info on your restoration request. 

As we understand that you’d like to expedite resolution, we’ve also made sure to increase your email priority internally, so rest assured that they’ll do their best to help you on your inquiry. 

Thanks again for your following-up with us here & for your patience during the process! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

emy_l
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hello Jane, thanks for helping us, I am really disappointed, this has been a chaos.

We have decided to use the dropbox business as a backup cloud, while we changed the physical hard disk, it should be something simple, in less than 3 days we have been using the service, all the files of the clients have been lost.

This has caused us a 2-day work stoppage and we are still behind. I know it does not sound important but we are a graphic design studio and all the files in the container folder are those of our daily work with our clients.

I need Help ASAP HELP!!!

310EI
Super User
Go to solution

@Jane wrote:

As we understand that you’d like to expedite resolution, we’ve also made sure to increase your email priority internally, so rest assured that they’ll do their best to help you on your inquiry. 

Hello, @emy_l...

You're in good hands now that @Jane is monitoring your ticket(s).

I hope that the Dropboxer's are able to help with your particular problem - good luck.

emy_l
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

You do not know how grateful I am for the support! Have an excellent week

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

310EI Super User
    emy_l Helpful | Level 6
    Jane Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?