cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I wanna know who deleted files.

I wanna know who deleted files.

Geoff_Hughes
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

An entire fodler has been deleted. I want to know who did it to educate them that if they delete from their harddrive they also delete from the entire Team and thus to avoid future errors.

We are of course using a Dropbox Business Account. 

When I navigate through to the Team Activity 2019-01-03 at 21h56 '17.pnglog, https://www.dropbox.com/team/admin/activity I cant see any way to show when files were Deleted. Which is frustrating, because I can see that Dropbox have listed Deleted Paper Files and Permanently Deleted Files. "Deleted a file" is not an option.

Please help to find the report that shows who deleted the file from the Team folder. Thank you.

Geoff

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

DragonUber
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Very poor answer to what should be a standared feature for any Dropbox account you are paying for.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi Geoff, most likely you’re on a Dropbox Business on the Standard plan.

This file search feature is only available on a Dropbox Business plan on the Advanced subscription, since that shows file specific actions such as deletions.

Hope this helps to clarify matters.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

DragonUber
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Very poor answer to what should be a standared feature for any Dropbox account you are paying for.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @DragonUber; welcome to our Community and thanks for taking the time to post your feedback.

Allow me to re-iterate that if you are the admin of a team on an Advanced or Enterprise Dropbox Business plan, then you can view all file-related actions on your team.

File-level activity includes adding, editing, moving, and deleting files. You can use these events to investigate and troubleshoot problems, such as accidental file deletions, misplaced files or folders, or information security audits.

That being said, I wanted to let you know that in case you'd like to suggest a idea or you have a feature request for something you'd like to see implemented, why don't you use the relevant section of our Community so other users can locate and upvote your idea to show their interest?  Here's a direct link for reference: 

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Share-an-idea/ct-p/101002000

Let us know if you have anything to ask or add; we'll be happy to follow up. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

DragonUber
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Walter, thank you for your commentary and reiterating what you already said and what I clearly understood that didn't need reiterating.

Ideas have their places, yes. And commentary on poor value delivery also have their place; preferably to the releavnt section it belongs, in this case the posting where the subject in question originally came up.

Thank you.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

DragonUber Helpful | Level 5
    Walter Dropbox Staff
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?