cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Files and cannot find Event Link

Missing Files and cannot find Event Link

sheralee
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I believe I am a Basic member - didn't realise this would leave me without any of my files if they went missing...! I have uploaded 18 files over the last 6months and they were alwasy ok until I checked last time and nothing.....It is over 30 days since I had previously checked so I'm mad and sad that perhaps I have lost them forever...

Can't find them using any of the suggestions for file recovery and I don't have an event name to then ask support to help so HELP!!!!!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey again, Sheralee. 

Sorry to hear that you're still having trouble with this. I've sent you an email to the email address that's connected to your Forum profile, so please check your inbox for my latest message. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there, @sheralee

Initially, I wanted to mention that if you’d like to find out more details about what occurred to content in your account, you can navigate to your events page. Furthermore, please remember that Dropbox doesn’t delete your files, irrespective of your subscription.

Spoiler
As per recovering deleted files, please bear in mind that if you have a Dropbox Basic/Plus account, you can recover any file or folder deleted in the last 30 days, and if you have a Dropbox Professional/Business account, you have 120 days, instead. If you’re not sure which plan you’re currently under, you can have a look under your Plan tab
In any case, if you can’t find the files in question and, since each Dropbox account is associated with an email address, could it be that your files are located in a different account under a different email address? You can check which email address is connected to the account that you’re looking at from the following:
If you’re still having trouble with this, due to account-specific info required on this matter, we’d have to move this discussion to email, in which case I can contact you to the email address associated with your Forum profile. 

Let me know what you find! :grin:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

sheralee
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thank-you Lusil! I see most of my files now on the Event page link  I did have them all in a folder and renamed so the event page ones are a bit messed up! I didn't use anohter email address so that's a bust BUT how do I restore these files as no restore button comes up when selecting each file...?

@sheralee wrote:

I believe I am a Basic member - didn't realise this would leave me without any of my files if they went missing...! I have uploaded 18 files over the last 6months and they were alwasy ok until I checked last time and nothing.....It is over 30 days since I had previously checked so I'm mad and sad that perhaps I have lost them forever...

Can't find them using any of the suggestions for file recovery and I don't have an event name to then ask support to help so HELP!!!!!!

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Glad to hear that you were able to find the files, @sheralee

Can you locate the files in your deleted files tab by any chance? Are you able to follow the instructions outlined in this article?

If you’re having trouble, please let me know and we can take this discussion to email, as mentioned in my previous reply. 

Let me know how it goes!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

sheralee
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi again

No I can't find the files in my deleted files tab as tried that ...I'm happy to have this discussion via email...I have a few more questions abd challenges downloading them back from teh events page etc.

Thansk so much

Sheralee

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey again, Sheralee. 

Sorry to hear that you're still having trouble with this. I've sent you an email to the email address that's connected to your Forum profile, so please check your inbox for my latest message. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropbox Staff
    sheralee Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?