Announcements
Known issues - updated Aug 14th see more

Recover Permanently Deleted Files

SOLVED
Go to solution
4 Comments
2 Kudos

Recover Permanently Deleted Files

I deleted some photos from a folder and I need to restore them. I can view them on the events page but have no option to restore them. Please help!

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution
Dropboxer

Re: Recover Permanently Deleted Files

Hey there @aarondeanshaw. First, awesome work for carrying out the first troubleshooting steps, much appreciated. Moving on to your concern though, as @Mark mentions, if they are permanently deleted, they can't be recovered. Due to account-specific info required for this though, I’d kindly recommend moving this discussion to email. I was able to locate your request from my end and I can see that a member of my team has replied to you via email. Please check your inbox for their latest message. Cheers! grinning face with smiling eyes

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

4 Replies
Super User II

They are not recoverable I'm afraid.

Once permanently deleted they are, well, permanently deleted.

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted
Solution
Dropboxer

Hey there @aarondeanshaw. First, awesome work for carrying out the first troubleshooting steps, much appreciated. Moving on to your concern though, as @Mark mentions, if they are permanently deleted, they can't be recovered. Due to account-specific info required for this though, I’d kindly recommend moving this discussion to email. I was able to locate your request from my end and I can see that a member of my team has replied to you via email. Please check your inbox for their latest message. Cheers! grinning face with smiling eyes

Lusil

Level 2

@Mark wrote:

@Mark wrote:

Dropboxer

Hey @htinzawlin, just to ensure, are you experiencing an issue with your files? thinking face

Let me know more info in that case so as to have a better understanding. Cheers!

Lusil

Still stuck? Contact Support directly, or ask a question on the community.
Still stuck?
Top Contributors
Rich 4350
Mark 3636
Jane 1185
Sanchez 974
Greg K. 885