Recovering deleted folders, older > 30 days

SOLVED
5 Comments
7 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2

Recovering deleted folders, older > 30 days

Hi,

is there any possibility to recover deleted folders which have been deleted several months ago? At the moment I have a basic membership but would go for Dropbox Plus or Business if this would save my ass.

Thanks,

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
New Super User

Re: Recovering deleted folders, older > 30 days

I am so sorry to inform you but the answer is no.  Even if you buy a pro or a DB for Business, it won't magically make those files appear.  Sadly, the files (deleted) are automatically purged from the servers.

We suggest looking into Upgrading to a Dropbox Pro and you will get the Purchasing Extended Version History (EVH) for future protection.  See https://www.dropbox.com/help/security/extended-version-history

Note: Extended version history is effective from the date purchased and is not retroactive. If you purchase EVH today, your version history begins now and files deleted or versions edited over 30 days ago are not available.

Also, Dropbox for Business has 120 days to recover.  Sadly, basic users have 30 days 

Hopes this helps

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Kudo would be super.  Thanks!

5 Replies
Solution
New Super User

I am so sorry to inform you but the answer is no.  Even if you buy a pro or a DB for Business, it won't magically make those files appear.  Sadly, the files (deleted) are automatically purged from the servers.

We suggest looking into Upgrading to a Dropbox Pro and you will get the Purchasing Extended Version History (EVH) for future protection.  See https://www.dropbox.com/help/security/extended-version-history

Note: Extended version history is effective from the date purchased and is not retroactive. If you purchase EVH today, your version history begins now and files deleted or versions edited over 30 days ago are not available.

Also, Dropbox for Business has 120 days to recover.  Sadly, basic users have 30 days 

Hopes this helps

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Kudo would be super.  Thanks!

Level 2

I was aware of the 30 days limit. But there are so many requests in the forum here, I thought Dropbox maybe has changed the policy.

**bleep**, i did an absolutely stupid mistake. I deleted folders on one PC (because I didn't want to have them anymore on this client) but I forgot that the dropbox client syncs (of course) to the other client.

Weeks! of work lost.

Thank you anyway,

Sven

New Super User

Sven

So sorry, I feel for you.  We all make mistakes.  If you said that it was a little after 30 days, I would've have suggested a Support Ticket and see if they can but you said several months.  Sometimes, we make a few backups here and there.  Is it possible you made a backup somewhere that might have those Files?

Hopes this helps

Level 2

I shared a folder with someone and i just realized that the deleted all of the files from it on August 1. Is there anyway to recover them?

New Super User

DoubleAA

The only way that I see that you can recover them is perhaps asking the other sharers of the same folder, it's possible that the other person has a Pro Account or Dropbox for Business or maybe it is possible that they purchased EVH (Extended Version History) and they have extended time to recover.  or do you have EVH? Other than that, I don't see it happening.  Sorry.