Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Shared folder--video deleted by shared user

Level 2

Hello,

I had a video of my daughter that I shared with my sister on 10/9/18 she accidentally deleted the video--I can see from my event history that she deleted it but I cannot restore it? I checked her events and you cannot see that she deleted it? Is there any way to recover this video? It is my only copy! Please help!! Screenshot of event below:Screen Shot 2019-03-02 at 9.29.11 PM.pngLast item re:VID00029.mp4

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: Shared folder--video deleted by shared user

Super User II

Hi @ShannonL33 

The file will no longer be recoverable by Dropbox which is why you cannot restore it. 

Free users can restore for 30 days and then everybody else for 120 days. So, on the basis it was deleted on 9th Oct then 120 days after that would be the 6th Feb. Therefore after those dates its no longer restorable (depening upon which plan you had at time of deletion). 

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Missing files and folders

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Shared folder--video deleted by shared user
1 Reply
0 Likes