cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Calling all Android users to try our new feature - Join now!

Sharing folder

SOLVED
2 Comments
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Level 2
a month ago

Sharing folder

I successfully shared a folder, but now the all the files in it are gone.

On my Mac Finder window --> Dropbox I can still see all the files but on Dropbox website they are not there.

Anybody help me figure out what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Dropboxer
a month ago

Re: Sharing folder

Hi there, 

Thanks for posting in our forum! 

If your Dropbox account storage quota is full, or over quota, syncing will stop. If you’ve added this folder to your Dropbox folder on your computer, the files will not sync to your online Dropbox if you are at your storage quota limit or above. 

If you have content in your Dropbox that you don’t use often, or no longer need, you can remove that content to make room this new folder that you’ve shared. 

I hope this helps! 

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly!
slightly smiling face

2 Replies
Dropboxer
a month ago

Hi there, 

Thanks for posting in our forum! 

If your Dropbox account storage quota is full, or over quota, syncing will stop. If you’ve added this folder to your Dropbox folder on your computer, the files will not sync to your online Dropbox if you are at your storage quota limit or above. 

If you have content in your Dropbox that you don’t use often, or no longer need, you can remove that content to make room this new folder that you’ve shared. 

I hope this helps! 

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly!
slightly smiling face

Level 2
a month ago

Thanks for replying!
You hit the nail on the head - after much head scratching and "surely that can't be its" I tried what you suggest and the folder populated immediately.

Now, I'll just have to work around large volumes.

Thanks again! Have a great day!