cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Known issues updated. Learn more

Help us improve our online support experience by taking our short survey!

yes

Highlighted

Using Dropbox on multiple PCs

I am trying to download a file from Dropbox to my laptop.

I scanned it and saved it on another computer (which is connected to the scanning device) and then uploaded it on my Dropbox account from that computer.

When I try to find it and download it on the computer I want to edit it, I can't find it on my Dropbox account nor the folder in which I saved it (among with other documents).

Help! This is related to work...

Thanks,

K.

3 Replies

Re: Using Dropbox on multiple PCs

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi Konstantinos, could you check that you uploaded it to the same account that you’re viewing from your second machine?

If you using the mobile app or desktop app, in each of these places, we want to find the email address used to connect to Dropbox. Please also look carefully for typos in your email address in any of these places.

1. On your computer, click on the small Dropbox icon in your menu bar or system tray. Click on the gear in the Notifications panel. Click on Preferences, then click on Account.
2. On iOS, open your Dropbox app and tap on "Account". On Android, open your Dropbox app, tap on the Menu button, and then tap on "Settings".
3. On the Dropbox website, click on your avatar or the face in the top right corner.

Let me know what you find out!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Hello,

thanks for replying. I realised after that indeed there are two accounts on two different e-mail addresses. I think I tried once to change the e-mail address on the initial account but somehow a new one got created. So I've been using different accounts on the two computers apparently.

I guess I'll just delete one of them.

Thanks again!

K.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Glad to hear you found the issue, just make sure you download the info you need from the soon-to-be-deleted account!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Missing files and folders

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Using Dropbox on multiple PCs
More about this post
3 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See answer
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post